This morning, I went a little OCD on my work pens in preparation for doing some lettering today. I sorted out all the brush pens from the felt tip and rollerballs since they all behave differently on paper.
Then I did a little warm-up and test drive of all of them to figure out if the paper I was using would work. The paper is Hammermill Color Copy paper that I took out our copier because its bright white and super smooth. I didn’t have any issues with the pens. There was one alcohol pen that feathered a little bit but otherwise, the Hammermill was a good stock and even had a bit of tooth.
My favorite brush pens from this test are listed below. Thanks to JetPens who probably provided most of these.
- Kuretake Fudegokochi Regular $3.50 (tested a new one and one with some mileage on it)
- Kuretake Fudegokochi Super Fine $3.50 (beige)
- Zebra Disposable Fine $2.50 (“Zebra Grey with Sparkles”)
- Uni Double-Sided Pocket Fine & Medium $3.30 (“Double Tip Blue Little Tip”)
- Pilot Pocket Hard $5 (“Blue brush with red chop”)
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen for Calligraphy $13.50 (“Pentel real bristle pocket brush”)
Do you want to try these pens? Leave a comment below and I’ll pick one person who will win a fresh set of my favorite Jet Pens brush pen assortment. FINE PRINT: All entries must be submitted by 10pm CST on Sunday, April 5,2015. All entries must be submitted at wellappointeddesk.com, not Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook, okay? Winner will be announced on Monday. Winner will be selected by random number generator from entries that played by the rules (see above). Please include your email address in the comment form so that I can contact you if you win. I will not save email addresses or sell them to anyone — pinky swear. If winner does not respond within 30 days, I will draw a new giveaway winner. Shipping via USPS first class is covered. Additional shipping options or insurance will have to be paid by the winner. We are generous but we’re not made of money.