We, as modern workers, spend an inordinate amount of time sitting at a desk. Shouldn’t it be a place that inspires us?
The goal of The Well-Appointed Desk is to feature:
- inspiring desks and work spaces (from home office to working studios)
- tools we use (from pens and pencils to computer applications)
- gentle reminders that sometimes, the best tool for the job is pen and paper
- vintage and modern wares for the office
- accoutrements (from pencil cups to binder clips)
- links to other sites with a passion for office supplies, paper goods and writing instruments
- and to infuse joy, beauty and whimsy into day-to-day office drudgery
Things we (probably) won’t be covering:
- Craft rooms (though I love a good craft space, lots of other sites cover this topic so we’ll be focusing on the business-side of the well-appointed desk)
- Super Kawaii (I love fruit-scented, shaped erasers as much as the next person but I’ll try to keep this a little more upscale than that — I’m not making any promises though!)
As a self-professed lover of office supplies and paper goods, it seemed only fitting that I share the great finds and inspiration.
Occasionally, companies will contact me (entirely unsolicited) and offer products free of charge for me to review and giveaway to readers. I do my best to review them honestly, without bias, to help readers make the best choices about products. I will include a disclaimer if a product was given to me (or any of the other reviewers and writers on this site) free of charge for review purposes but know that, should I forget, it is human error and not an attempt to obfuscate its origins. We do receive ad revenue in the form of ad sponsorship and the occasional sponrsored post and those will be indicated accordingly.
This blog is done for the love of pens, paper and office supplies but the contributions of products and funds help to pay for the products that get reviewed as well as server space, mailing supplies, photo equipment and other aspects that help to keep this blog going.
Also, the FTC would like me to remind you that I am a full-time employee of Hallmark Cards, Inc. If any mention of Hallmark is made here, it is done as a personal expression and in no reflects the company’s views, opinions or policies. I was not asked or directed to include any content about Hallmark here. I do it because I like my job, my paycheck and health insurance.
Please let me know if you find anything that should be added to the site.
Thanks for visiting!
Follow me on Twitter @wellapptdesk or on Instagram @wellapptdesk.
For more information about the person behind The Well-Appointed Desk, check out my about.me page.