We, as modern workers, spend an inordinate amount of time sitting at a desk. Shouldn’t it be a place that inspires us?
About the blog
The goal of The Well-Appointed Desk is to feature:
- tools we love (from pens, ink, paper and pencils to computer applications)
- accoutrements (from pencil cups to binder clips)
- gentle reminders that sometimes, the best tool for the job is pen and paper
- links to other sites with a passion for office supplies, paper goods and writing instruments
- modern (and vintage) wares for the office
- inspiring desks and work spaces (from home office to working studios)
- and to infuse joy, beauty and whimsy into day-to-day office drudgery
Things we (probably) won’t be covering:
- Craft rooms (though I love a good craft space, lots of other sites cover this topic so we’ll be focusing on the business-side of the well-appointed desk)
- Super Kawaii (I love fruit-scented, shaped erasers as much as the next person but I’ll try to keep this a little more upscale than that — I’m not making any promises though!)
As self-professed lovers of office supplies, art supplies and paper goods, it seemed only fitting that we share great finds and inspiration.
Please let me know if you find anything that should be added to the site.
About the Writers:
Ana Reinert is the creator of The Well-Appointed Desk. She and her husband, Bob Atkins, created the Col-o-ring and Col-o-dex products which are available in our shop and at your favorite pen shop worldwide.
By day, she is a designer for the largest greeting card company in the world. She is also a photographer; knitter; and the keeper of four felines. When not covered in ink, She is passionate about bicycles, typography and just about anything vintage.
Laura Cameron is a tech editor, podcaster, knitter, spinner and recent pen addict. You can learn more about her knitting and tea adventures on her website, The Corner of Knit & Tea and can find her on Instagram as Fluffykira.
Jessica Coles is a digital marketer by day, podcaster at night, mom all the time and pen nerd in-between. She is the owner and operator of Vintage Pen Shop and can be found at several pen shows throughout the year with her Esterbrook testing station. Broken pens and bent nibs are part of what she loves about the hobby.
Though nicknamed the Duchess of Esterbrook, she loves a huge variety of pens, inks and paper. Her attempts at making pens and paper have not yet succeeded, so she is still relying on others, but maybe one day she will make her own inks!
We’ve been quoted in:
We’ve appeared on numerous podcast episodes:
- The Pen Addict Podcast (Ana & Jesi)
- Erasable Podcast (episodes 115, 54, 38)
- MakeDo Podcast
- Goulet Guests: Spotlight on Ana Reinert
Occasionally, companies will contact us (entirely unsolicited) and offer products free of charge for us to review and giveaway to readers. We do our best to review them honestly, without bias, to help readers make the best choices about products. We will include a disclaimer if a product was given to us free of charge for review purposes but know that, should we forget, it is human error and not an attempt to obfuscate its origins. We do receive ad revenue in the form of ad sponsorship and the occasional sponsored post and those will be indicated accordingly.
This blog is done for the love of pens, paper and office supplies but the contributions of products and funds help to pay for the products that get reviewed as well as server space, mailing supplies, photo equipment and other aspects that help to keep this blog going.
The Well-Appointed Desk also participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Anytime a reader clicks through to Amazon and makes a purchase to a product listed on this blog, we earn a small commission on the sale.
Also, the FTC would like me to remind you that Ana is a full-time employee of Hallmark Cards, Inc. If any mention of Hallmark is made here, it is done as a personal expression and in no reflects the company’s views, opinions or policies. I was not asked nor directed to include any content about Hallmark here. I do it because I like my job (and the products we make), my paycheck and health insurance.
Thanks for visiting!