I just ordered a Tom Bihn Swift tote ($90). Its a bag especially designed for knitters to tote projects. The fabric is smooth so it won’t pill the sweater you’re wearing. There are pockets to store notions and no pesky zipper to snag yarn. The Swift tote comes with a small Yarn Stuff Sack to keep a small knitting project stashed.
Its large enough to hold all my daily necessities as well so, of course, its time to find coordinating accessories for the Swift. Even if you’re not a knitter or crocheter, you might want to check out Tom Bihn bags. They are made in the US and a lot of thought and consideration go into making task oriented bags for all sorts of needs.
- Pilot Vanishing Point in Tropical Purple $140 (via Pen Chalet)
- JetPens Jet-Do Mascot Beanie Hat $8 (via Jet Pens)
- Paperblanks Embellished Poe Tamerlane Manuscript Wrap Journal (7 x 9) $19.95 (via European Paper)
- Clover Knitting Needle Tube Case in Purple $10.95 (via Love Knittingv)
- Midori Clover D-Clips Box of 30 $7.25 (via Jet Pens)
- 2015 Ardium Light Planner $21.95 (via Mochi Things)
- Monteverde Intima Fountain Pen in Neon Green $52 (via Goulet Pens)
- Private Reserve Arabian Rose Ink $11 (via Goulet Pens)
- Jstory Frog Bookmark Tabs $4.30 (via Jet Pens)
- Signature 4″ DPNs in 2.5mm Stiletto Points $47 (via Signature Needle Arts)
- Colorful Glow-in-the-Dark Sprout Pen in purple $6.95 (via Mochi Things)
- Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage Yarn in Grasshopper $22 per skein (via Jimmy Beans)
5 comments / Add your comment below
I’ve had a Tom Binh Swift for a number of years and love it. However, I found that I can’t use the Clear Organizer Pouches (sold separately) in my Swift. The clear vinyl window of the Swift pockets and of the Pouches are “sticky” when the two vinyl surfaces meet, and drive me crazy trying to extract the pouch. It’s a minor annoyance, though….I really love my Swift and the project bags.
I also find the clear pouches to be annoying. Also the clear bottom yarn stuff sacks will stick when trying to put them in the swift or take them out
Lovely. I have an original
Cork (retired) Swift & a Verde Little Swift, in addition to several other TB products. I love them & one can’t go wrong! And that MadTish is to die for!
Its pretty funny that your first two comments are about the Swift because I was coming here to sing its praises as well. I currently have a sweater-in-progress living in it because you can stuff all the color work skeins in the same thing and just prop it open to knit from. (cue my maniacal laughtrack) 🙂
Pens and knitting, who would have thought they’d go so well together?
I have a pen and paper (and general office supply) obsession and I am learning to knit. Kizmet. I love, love, love the idea of that bag. May have to just take the plunge.