• Wall-mounted lamps free up space and prevent unsightly cables cluttering up the back of the desk.
• A perpetual calendar is both stylish and practical.
• Glass paperweights add decorative style to a simple desktop and are surprisingly useful.
• Paper the wall behind the desk with a subtle tone-on-tone patterned wallpaper, to give the work space colour and interest without being too bright and distracting.
• Keep telephone details close to hand with a tidy index-card box.
• Choose a desk with a drawer or shelving configuration, which is ideal for concealing small stationery items.
from Homes & Gardens