I’ve reviewed, purchased and drooled over hundreds of products in 2012 so I thought I’d share with you my favorites of the year, in no specific order:
- Tie for Favorite Fountain Pen: Kaweco Guilloch 1930 EF Fountain Pen
- Tie for Favorite Fountain Pen: TWSBI Diamond 540 EF Demonstrator
- Favorite Highlighter: Pilot Preppy Highlighter
- Favorite Lefty-centric Tool: Lefty Sharpener
- Favorite Notebook: Quo Vadis Habana Notebook
- Most Useful Tools: Gel Multi-Pens (UniBall Style Fit, Zebra Sarasa Pre-Fill, Pilot Hi-Tec C Coleto Me)
- Biggest Surprise: UniBall Jetstream Ballpoint Pens (Jetstream F*Series Multi-Pen and the 0.5 Ash Green
- Best Mac Utility: Alfred App
- Favorite Ink: Scribal Workshop Cryptid series, especially Nessie and Leviathan
- Favorite Vintage Find: Arrow Plier-Style Hand Stapler
There are a few items I love but never got a review posted and a few things I’ve wanted to try but haven’t gotten yet so there will be more to love in 2013, I’m sure!
What are the best tools you found this year?
0 comments / Add your comment below
My favorite thing this year was a black Rhodia Unlimited Notebook. I’m coming a little late to the Rhodia party but I LOVED this thing as soon as I started writing in it. It has headers which are great for project planning, graph paper that is so smooth to write on, and all the sheets are perforated. The elastic and the feel of the cover was a big plus. It was a great edition to the Moleskine and Field Notes notebooks I’ve been using.