I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the tools I use everyday, my absolute must-haves. While I love having an assortment of gel pens, fountain pens and a bevvy of different notebooks, I realized that there are a few tools I use everyday, without fail. I also have some tools very specific to my job that might not be of interest to readers but I thought I’d share the everyday go-to tools, in no particular order.
- Hobonichi Planner ¥2,500 for the planner, covers start at ¥1,500
- 3×5 blank index cards $1.49/100 cards
- Field Notes $9.95/3-pack (or comparable pocket-sized notebook. I always have one on me)
- Kaweco Sports Fountain Pen $23.50
- Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser $1.25 THE eraser by which all other erasers are measured.
- Marvy LePen $1.15 (could potentially substitute a standard Sharpie marker here though I’m more likely to use the LePen everyday than a Sharpie)
- Palomino Blackwing 602 $19.95/dozen
- Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent $7.29, refills $11.99/3-pack (I know this seems odd but it’s excellent for sealing envelopes and a much tidier way to attach scraps to my planner or notebook)
- Evernote FREE (I am now storing all sorts of text bits, digital detritus, links and blog starters here. I can access the content on all my digital devices)
- Alfred FREE (Until you’ve used the Alfred App, you don’t know what you’re missing. I hate working on someone else’s computer that doesn’t have Alfred installed. It’s free, go try it)
What are the tools you can’t live without?
0 comments / Add your comment below
Very nice list! What is your favorite pencil sharpener?
I love Le Pens and carry one with me at all times. Much nicer to sign that last-minute birthday card in a pretty purple or green ink than in boring ballpoint ink. I also carry a twin tip Sharpie and my Levenger pocket briefcase with several 3×5 cards.
Do you use a clip on your Kaweco Classic?
Of the three Kaweco Sports I own, two of them have clips. I do prefer it with the clip. Keeps it from rolling away.
Hello! I couldn’t agree more on Alfred. The comment on how you hate to work on another persons Mac made me laugh.
Looksw like great fun. Count me in, please!
The Tombow adhesive is a revelation for letter writing.
Are you looking foward to Nock Co.’s release of their notecards?
I’m glad you like the Tombow adhesives too. Such a clever invention.
And yes, I am very excited about the Nock Co. notecards.