I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the tools I use everyday, my absolute must-haves. While I love having an assortment of gel pens, fountain pens and a bevvy of different notebooks, I realized that there are a few tools I use everyday, without fail. I also have some tools very specific to my job that might not be of interest to readers but I thought I’d share the everyday go-to tools, in no particular order.
- Hobonichi Planner ¥2,500 for the planner, covers start at ¥1,500
- 3×5 blank index cards $1.49/100 cards
- Field Notes $9.95/3-pack (or comparable pocket-sized notebook. I always have one on me)
- Kaweco Sports Fountain Pen $23.50
- Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser $1.25 THE eraser by which all other erasers are measured.
- Marvy LePen $1.15 (could potentially substitute a standard Sharpie marker here though I’m more likely to use the LePen everyday than a Sharpie)
- Palomino Blackwing 602 $19.95/dozen
- Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent $7.29, refills $11.99/3-pack (I know this seems odd but it’s excellent for sealing envelopes and a much tidier way to attach scraps to my planner or notebook)
- Evernote FREE (I am now storing all sorts of text bits, digital detritus, links and blog starters here. I can access the content on all my digital devices)
- Alfred FREE (Until you’ve used the Alfred App, you don’t know what you’re missing. I hate working on someone else’s computer that doesn’t have Alfred installed. It’s free, go try it)
What are the tools you can’t live without?