Fountain Pen Day is Friday, November 7th 2014. The first Friday in November is a day to celebrate, promote and share the love of fountain pens with the world. Celebrate in your own way by writing with your fountain pens. If you don’t own one, November 7th is the perfect day to go out and buy or order your first pen. For more information about Fountain Pen Day and to find retailers and resources participating in Fountain Pen Day, visit FountainPenDay.org.
There will be lots of ways to celebrate the upcoming Fountain Pen Day including giveaways, sales and goodies. Check with all your favorite retailers and bloggers for more details. Here’s what I know so far:
Any orders placed to the Well-Appointed Desk Shop will include free Fountain Pen Day swag until I run out.
There are still five days left to order an official Fountain Pen Day t-shirt from Cotton Bureau ($28 for charcoal, $27 for red shirt — available in men’s and women’s sizing).
Pen Chalet is sponsoring a bevvy of coupons and discounts and an epic giveaway in honor of Fountain Pen Day. There will be a special coupon on Fountain Pen Day for use on ALL items. Check back on their site on Friday, November 7th, 2014 for the coupon code and then place your order. There will be special discounts on select items. Enter your email in the “Special Offers” at the top of their page or enter the giveaway to the right to receive notification of the Fountain Pen Day Deals. There will be freebies in each order while supplies last.
And then there’s the epic giveaways! Pen Chalet is giving away about $1000 in prizes including the following(enter to win here):
- Platinum President Fountain Pen ($275 retail value) Blue w/ gold trim, Broad nib
Sailor Reglus Fountain Pen ($140 retail value) Marine Blue w/ chrome trim, Medium nib
- Sheaffer Prelude Fountain Pen ($100 retail value) Brushed Chrome w/ 22K Gold Plated Trim, Medium nib
- Field Notes Cherry Wood Notebook ($9.95 retail value) Cherry wood w/ graph paper
- Clairefontaine 1951 Blue Notebook ($4.50 retail value)
- Pelikan 205 Fountain Pen ($195 retail value) Black w/ chrome trim, Medium nib
- Taccia Covenant Fountain Pen ($129 retail value) Jet Black w/ gold trim, Medium nib
- Lamy Safari Fountain Pen ($37 retail value) Charcoal, Medium nib
Rhodia Ice No. 16 Notebook ($5.50 retail value)
- J Herbin Vert Empire Fountain Pen Ink ($10 retail value)
Are there any other events, giveaways or special deals for Fountain Pen Day? Leave a note in the comments and happy penning!