Sadly, the biggest story for me this week is not about the release of a new pen, the unveiling of a new Field Notes edition or how to best pack pens for travel (to the Atlanta Pen Show). This week, the big news is that Hallmark Cards is laying off another 200 employees in its Kansas City headquarters, specifically in the creative and product development division Guess where I work? The final decisions will not be made until May or June so, in the meantime, the stress of knowing if I will still be employed and/or how many friends and co-workers will I have to say goodbye to will be hanging heavy in my heart.
Now onwards, to less depressing news in the pen, paper and pencil world.
You might want to listen to this week’s The Pen Addict Podcast: Episode 148 – Like An Internet Radio Show to hear Brad, Myke and I talk about preparations for the Atlanta Pen Show, just weeks away.
- Video: Montblanc Lavender Purple (via The Pen Habit)
- P.W. Akkerman Voorhout Violet (via Gourmet Pens)
- Private Reserve Daphne Blue (via Peninkcillin)
- J. Herbin Poussiere De Lune (via Alt. Haven)
- J. Herbin Stormy Grey (via Office Supply Geek)
- Zebra Sarasa Gel Multi Pen (via Pen Addict)
- Pentel Hybrid Technica 0.4mm – Black (via Johnny Anypen)
- Erasable Podcast Episode 26: One Year of Pencil Ramblings (via Erasable)
- A Quest to find my Perfect Pencil (via The Finer Point)
- Three Questions With Andy Welfle (via Pen Addict)
Paper & Notebook:
- The DotDash Pocket Notebook and Notecards (via From The Pen Cup)
- Ogami Notebook (via Notebook Stories)
Planning and Organization:
- Planner compromises? (via Plannerisms)
- Filofax Cabriolet, or converting a ring-bound cover into a notebook cover and back again (via Filofaxy)
More Interesting Things:
- Seven Reasons to Learn Calligraphy (via The Postman’s Knock)
- Free Download: Black & White Illustrated Envelopes (via Letter Writers Alliance)
- National Letter Writing Month (via Paper Pastries)
- New Everyday Carry Additions (via Gentleman Stationer)