For 2016, Pantone has decided that two colors will be the colors of the year: Rose Quartz and Serenity, a soft peachy pink and a cornflower blue. Here’s a quote from the official site about why they feel these colors will best represent 2016:
For the first time Pantone introduces two shades, Rose Quartz and Serenity as the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016. Rose Quartz is a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Serenity is weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.
Do you think you might integrate some of these colors into you desk accessories? Maybe some of these items will tempt you?
- PANTONE UNIVERSE Mug with Gift Box Color of the Year 2016 $25 (via Pantone.com)
- Stipula Deep Blue Ink in 70ml Bottle $25 (via Goulet Pens)
- Diamine Shimmering Night Sky Fountain Pen Ink in 50 ml bottle $20 (via JetPens)
- Visconti Michelangelo Venus rose fountain pen €245 (via Fontoplumo)
- Pentel Sharp Kerry 0.5 mm Pink Mechanical Pencil $19.50 (via JetPens)
- Faber-Castell Loom Metallic Blue Fountain Pen Medium Nib $40 (via Anderson Pens)
- Sailor Professional Gear Starburst Galaxy Fountain Pen $200 (via Pen Chalet)
- Pilot Capless Decimo Fountain Pen in Champagne Pink $133 (via JetPens)
- Kokuyo Kadokeshi Eraser $2 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Mi Goals Bianca Cash 2016 A5 Weekly Diary Planner, Hard Cover in Pink $25.59USD (via Notemaker)
- J. Herbin Rouille D’ancre Fountain Pen Ink in 30ml Bottle $11 (via Goulet Pens)
- Bubble Braces Stationery $25 (via House Inudstries)
- Kaweco AL Sport Stonewashed Blue Medium Point Fountain Pen $71.95 (via Goldspot Pens)
And you can also download Pantone’s digital wallpapers for desktop and mobile devices.