Once again, I’m delayed in completing my Fashionable Friday. I don’t know how Fridays get away from me, they just do. But it gave me time to pitch my initial idea on the pyre and come up with what I think is a much more timely idea: Suffrage Saturday. Following the Primary Elections here in Missouri this week and the timely arrival of a bottle of Berning Red ink from our friends at Pen Boutique AND this week’s announcement of the new The West Wing Weekly podcast hosted by my very own imaginary boyfriend Joshua Malina.
I think a patriotic (albeit slightly Aaron Sorkin-soaked, rapid-fire dialog) themed pen-and-paper post seemed appropriate. I’ve started watching The West Wing again on Netflix because I absolutely love the dysfunctional relationships between all the characters. Basically, I think you have to be a little crazy to want to work in the White House. Love or hate it, we’ve got six more months of political coverage, might as well embrace it. Or at least coat it in our favorite television fantasy version — Bartlett, Underwood, Grant, Meyer or whoever I may have forgotten.
- The West Wing Weekly Podcast (via iTunes)
- Private Reserve American Blue Ink (66ml Bottle) $11 (via Anderson Pens)
- Sheaffer Skrip Red Fountain Pen Ink (50ml Bottle) $9 (via Anderson Pens)
- Noodler’s Berning Red Fast Dry Ink $12.50 (via Pen Boutique)
- Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop Red Rollerball Pen $13.95 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Hillary Clinton watercolor sketch by me with Van Gogh watercolor travel set (see review)
- Lamy Studio fountain pen in Imperial Blue €59 (via Fontoplumo)
- Palomino HB box of 12 $13 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Filofax Red Pocket Notebook $13.95 (via Pen Boutique)
- Noodler’s Ink Revolution Blue 3oz Bottled Ink $12.50 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Fountain K in red starting at $75 (via Karas Kustoms)
- Retro 51 Vintage Metalsmith Betsy Rollerball Pen (via Pen Boutique, JetPens and Anderson Pens)
- Uni Kuru Toga Auto Lead Rotation Mechanical Pencil – 0.7 mm – Red Lead – Red $7.50 (via JetPens)
- The West Wing (via Netflix)