Post of The Week:
- Not to toot my own horn but both me and Ian Hedley of Pens! Paper! Pencils! were quoted for this article so, of course, I had to pick it as my Post of the Week: How To Buy A Paper Notebook That Brings You Joy (via Fast Company)
- Thoughts on vintage pen seminar for newbies at the Chicago Pen Show (via Medium)
- Chicago Pen Show 2016 (Day 1!) (via Inkdependence)
- 2016 Chicago Pen Show Photos!! (via Inkluminati)
- Video: Atlanta Pen Show Recap (via Goulet Pens Blog)
- London Stationery Show 2016 (via Stationery Wednesday)
- Anderson Pens Now Offers the Sailor Bespoke Collection (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- Dex Smooth Soft Fountain Pen (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!)
- Lamy Safari Dark Lilac Fountain Pen (via Pencilcase Blog)
- Classic Pens Sailor King of Pen LB5 – Amethyst (TAIRIKU) (via Eclectidbits)
- The Nakaya Portable Cigar Spiketails (Dragonfly): A Grail Pen (via Pen Addict)
- All Fountain Pens, All the Time? (via My Pen Journey)
- One Pen Challenge (via My Pen Needs Ink)
- J. Herbin fountain pen cleaning solution (via Boing Boing)
- Lamy Vista Eyedropper Conversion (via Gourmet Pens)
- Parafernalia Neri Pen & Leadholder (via Pencilcase Blog)
- My Top Three Favorite Pen Brands (via Gentleman Stationer)
- Stainless Steel Sharpie Permanent Marker Discontinued – RIP (via Office Supply Geek)
- Top tips to help prevent fountain pen inks fading! (via Fountain Pen Inks and Bleach)
- Favorite 5 Inks (via Fountain Pen Quest)
- Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine Ink of the Year (via Gourmet Pens)
- Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue (via Inkdependence)
- Diamine Blue Pearl (via Alt.Haven)
- Platinum Inks Test (via Fountain Pen Inks and Bleach)
- Akkerman #1 Passage Blauw (via Pen Addict)
- Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-Same (via A Better Desk)
- Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-ro (via The Finer Point)
Paper & Notebooks:
- Staples Sugarcane Paper Ain’t What It Used To Be (via Inkophile)
- In praise of pocket notebooks (via Quo Vadis Blog)
- Goulet Notebooks with Tomoé River Paper (via Goulet Pens Blog)
Planners & Organizers:
- Bullet Journal For Beginners (via Stationery Wednesday)
- 3 New Ways to Write a Schedule in a Planner (via Giftie Etcetera)
- Long Term Tasks/Goals (via Philofaxy)
- Tags & Future Pages – a Simple Hack (via Planner Fun Plus)
- The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Plannerverse – Episode 10 (via Philofaxy)
Other Interesting Things:
- Diary of a somebody: could I solve the mystery of 148 lost notebooks? (via The Guardian, shoutout to Notebook Stories for the link)
- Signal and Noise – on Trolling Pen Reviewers (via Pen Addict)
- 6 Simple Desk Organizing Tips You’ll Want to Try this Week: Declutter Your Desk Space Like the Pros (via Knock Knock Blog)
- Easy-Peasy Way To Add Color To A Journal (via Inkophile)
- Special Project: The Morse by Dudek Modern Goods (via Nib & Ink)
- Painting, Drawing, and Persistence (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!)
- Daily journaling prompts for May 2016 (via Quo Vadis blog)
6 comments / Add your comment below
Lots of links posted. I checked out a few. Sadly Edelstein Aquamarine is not the shade I hoped for, but seeing it in reviews saved me money.
You do a lot of work to organize and post these links. Thank you Ana.
Non-existent bonus point Ana if you can guess what over link I read. 🙂
It was the signals and noise at penaddict. I was inspired to show my appreciation for your blog.
The article on notebooks you were one of the sources for is just so spot on. Well done.
Another fine list! Thank you. Love your blog!
Got a bit worried not to see much from you this week, but I’m sure you’re tired from the show. Conventions are always exhausting.
Thank you for linking the trolling article. It’s a good reminder to be more appreciative in general: the human brain evolved to remember negative experiences really, really well (to avoid poison and danger) and to forget the things that don’t “matter”. As a result, we naturally have a tendency to focus on the negative feedback and ignore good or vaguely positive stuff in our lives. I am extremely familiar with how easily this tendency can feed into depression and anxiety issues.
I hope you don’t have trolls. I’ve never understood why someone would go out of their way to tear others down.