Somedays, I am struck by the glamour and opulence of high fashion couture. The Spring Dolce & Gabbana Spring Collection came to my attention this week and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. The velvets, furs, over-the-top embroidery, operatic details and lush details had me imagining all sorts of occasions to wear such finery. It also immediately reminded me of the release of the J. Herbin Caroube de Chypre shimmering brown and golden ink so I knew I had the makings of a Fashionable Friday.
Unfortunately, technology slowed me down a little this week so it took even longer than usual to get this post up. I think it may be time to consider a new laptop soon. Ugh. In the meantime, I’m going to fantasize swooshing around in the burgundy tulle gown with intricate gold embroidered bodice while writing with the fabulously ornate Visconti Davina Royale fountain pen in a luscious Paperblanks notebook and not standing in front of a snot-nosed Apple “genius” telling me how happy I should be spending my precious shoe money on a new laptop.
- Dolce & Gabana Gowns from the Alta Moda Haute Couture Spring 2016 collection (via Vogue)
- Sailor Jentle Four Season Fountain Pen Ink in Tokiwa-matsu Ink (Pine) (50 ml Bottle) $20 (via JetPens)
- J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Caroube de Chypre Bottled Fountain Pen Ink $26 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Wax Seal Stamp Symbol in Fleur de Lis $29.95 AUD (via Kustom Haus)
- Paperblanks Lined Midi Journal in William Morris Iris Pattern $16.95 (via Anderson Pens)
- J. Herbin Brass Seal Script “W” $11 and Wood Handle $14.50 (via Jet Pens)
- Graf von Faber-Castell Heritage Alexander fountain pen in green lacquer guilloche €1480 (via Fontoplumo)
- Visconti Davina Royale Fountain Pen in Peau D’Ange
$695$417 (via Pen Chalet)
- J. Herbin Kings’ Sealing Wax with Wick in Forest Green, Pack of 5 for $30 (via JetPens)
- Waterman Hemisphere Privee Rose Cuivre CT Fine Point Fountain Pen $107.95 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Diamine Tyrain Purple Fountain Pen Ink (80ml bottle) $15 (via Pen Boutique)
- Barstock Fountain K with Phenolic body and Brass Cap As configured $110 (via Karas Kustoms)
- Graf von Faber-Castell Cobalt Blue Fountain Pen Ink (75ml Bottle) $30 (via Anderson Pens)
- Super Gold High Class Rubber Eraser $9 (C.W. Pencil Enterprise)
1 comment / Add your comment below
Ooh, these colors are amazing! And between the fleur-de-lis and the gold accents… this might be one of my favorite “fashionable friday” collections yet!