I confess I spent the better part of what little free time I had in DC (at breakfast, on the train, at the airport, etc) trying to figure out how to post this Fashionable Friday via my iPad. Let’s just say that the technology has not come far enough to allow me to accomplish the task to my satisfaction without being able to use pretty fancy photo editing tools AND then bounce back and forth between typing and copying and pasting copious links in order for all you lovely folks to be able to purchase or at least browse the items shown.
Keeping in mind, I had nothing but an original iPad Mini with no external keyboard (because I couldn’t find mine before I left). So, I know I need to upgrade my iPad soon but according to MacRumors’ Buying Guide, I should wait to upgrade all my Apple gear until after the September announcement. And according to the Trib, there won’t be a new MacBook Pro until 2017. Why do you hate me, Apple?
Sorry, I got way off Fashionable Friday topic there for a moment! Here’s my travel edition of Fashionable Friday, finally. I photographed it with iPhone, with all my favorite travel goodies spread out on the floor of the airport terminal while I waited for my flight, which was delayed by two hours. I would have used my “good camera” but I wanted it included in the shot.
- Olympus PEN E-P2 (2010 model) 12.3MP with 17mm f2.8 pancake lens $488 (via Amazon)
- Anitbacterial Moist Wipes Individually Wrapped 30-pack $3.69 (via CVS)
- Pilot Foam Eraser $1.65 (via Jet Pens)
- Clinique Different Lip Color in Angel Red $17 (via Clinique)
- Dux Brass Sharpener with Leather Case $22 (via C.W. Pencils)
- Lookout 3-Pen Holster $25 (via NockCo)
- Platinum Carbon Desk Pen $9.60 (via Pen Chalet)
- Seven Color Rainbow Pencil $1.60 (via C.W. Pencils)
- Exacompta Forum Refillable Journal in Turquoise Club Leatherette $24.50 (via JetPens)
- Blackwing Volumes #56 Dozen for $24.95 (via Pencils.com)
- Lamy Scala Fountain Pen in BlueBlack – colorway longer available though others are starting at €85 (via Fontoplumo)
- Cross Century Ltd. Black Gingham $39.95 with Switch-It 0.7mm Mechanical Pencil converter refill $8.50 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Pacifica Roll-On Perfume in Island Vanilla $12 (via Ulta)
- Caran d’Ache Sketcher Non-Repro Blue Pencil Pack of 2 for $5.95 (via Jet Pens)
- Uni Signo Broad Opaque White Gel Pen $2.50 (via Jet Pens)
- Zebra Sarasa Dry Gel 0.4 mm Pen with Black Ink in Soft Blue body $2.55 (via Jet Pens)
7 comments / Add your comment below
But, Ana, what’s in your Lookout? (Or are the contents already out there?) And, the inverse question, in what do you carry your pencils? (Great post! I always enjoy any kind of bag dump.)
I’ll share a bag dump soon, I promise. And the Lookout was filled with a Retro 51, my Sailor Pro Gear Slim Pink Love, and a new special Karas Kustoms. They didn’t color coordinate quite perfectly so I kept them in the case — they were also either unavailable or no longer in production so it didn’t seem totally fair to flaunt them.
Thanks! It’s true I really covet that pink Sailor, but I welcome flaunting!
It was good of you to get Fashionable Friday done while traveling. Very dedicated.
By the way, I like Tibetan Mountain Temple by Pacifica. I got 5 of the little tins of solid perfume, and several sprays, but have found I like the roll-on perfume best. Trouble is two have rolled out of the bathroom cupboard and broken. Learned to keep them in the pretty box they come in.
I’ll have to try more of the Pacifica scents. They are such great little pick-me-ups. I keep one at work and one in my purse. I have the coconut hand lotion and my boss loves it so I always hand the bottle over the wall to her as well. Makes work smell like a holiday.
First, love your hair! Second , it’s hard to believe the stuff (they) dumped on you just for the critique of Blackwing colored pencils.