I have been a lifelong Duran Duran fan and I don’t just listened to the albums they released back in the 80s. This is a band that was not just a one-hit wonder pop band. They’ve managed to maintain their lust for a pop life for decades and have continually evolved their pop sound in such a way as to surprise and delight their fans. In fact, I love a lot of the music they released in the 00s and 10s more so than their early albums that made them household names. The fact that their latest album is called Paper Gods, only makes me love them more. The fact that they worked with Janelle Monae and Nile Rogers on the new album is even better. So, if you never listened to Duran Duran or think they are a bunch of old guys, give this playlist a listen and enjoy my Fashionable Friday inspired by pop culture Paper Gods. There are a few albums that aren’t available on Spotify so I wasn’t able to share a few favorites from Pop Trash, Astronaut, and Nice. But I hope you enjoy this anyway. Put on your disco shoes and shimmy!
- Gold Wireless Tassel Lightning USB Cord $24.99 (via Target)
- Diamine Shimmertastic Sparkling Shadows (50ml Bottle) (via Anderson Pens)
- Filofax Original Lilac Organizer in Personal Size $94 (via Goldspot Pens)
- CDT Chrome Ball Point Pen $48 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Pelikan Special Edition Aquamarine Classic M205 Fountain Pen $156 (via Pen Chalet)
- Aurora 88 Ottantotto Black with gold trim Fountain Pen €395 (via Fontoplumo)
- Sailor Pro Gear Color Fountain Pen – Yellow with Rhodium Trim $248 (via Anderson Pens)
- Donut Wax Seal Stamp $29.95 AUD (via Kustom Haus)
- Render K Mini starting at $60 (via Karas Kustoms)
- Diamine Hope Pink Fountain Pen Ink (80 ml Bottle) $15 (via Pen Boutique)
- Zebra Kirarich Glitter Highlighter – 5 Color Set $10 (via JetPens)
- Cammila Slippers in Black Multi $69.95 (via Sole Society)
- Jazz Things Up Boom Box Bag $398 (via Kate Spade)
To open and play the whole Paper Gods playlist in Spotify, click here!
Thanks to all my sponsors for providing some of the inspiring images. Please help support this blog by purchasing your next pen, ink or paper product from one of the shops that support this blog and let them know you heard about them on The Well-Appointed Desk. Thanks for your support and for supporting the shops that help keep it running.