This week, I’m headed to my first-ever Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival. It’s a big knitting adventure with two of my local knitting pals. One is the vlogger known as The Corner of Knit and Tea so it seemed fitting that this week, I focus on fall colors, all things yarn-a-riffic and a dash of inkiness to keep us all on track for Inktober, myself included. Part of the joy of Rhinebeck is that many knitter’s have turned the event into a knitter’s runway of handknit, hand-dyed, handspun fabulousness including the advent of the The Rhinebeck Sweater. Both of my pals and I have been working on Rhinebeck sweaters. They have been way more successful than I have been. So, I may or may not be finished in time. Either way, I will be wearing handknit finery, whether its never-before-seen handknit finery remains in the hands of time and fate.
- The Rhinebeck Sweater £24.00 GBP (via Ysolda)
- Miraclekoo U-shaped Squirrel Neck Pillow Travel Pillow (yellow) $9.39 (via Amazon)
- Adhesive Point Tabs $6.50 (via Ink and Volt)
- Mark’s David David Pen Case in White $25.50 (via JetPens)
- Lamy Lx AU fountain pen € 55,00 (via Fontoplumo)
- Clairefontaine 1951 Collections Memo Book 5 3/4″ x 8 1/4″ $4.50 (via Pen Chalet)
- Sktchy App
- J. Herbin Bottled Ink Fountain Pen Ink (10ml mini bottle) in Poussiere de Lune $6 (via Pen Chalet)
- Delta Journal Fountain Pen in Matte Olive $120 (via Anderson Pens)
- Velos Push Pins in Wood $5.50 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Waterman Hemisphere Privee in Rose Cuivre CT Rollerball Pen $99.95 (via Goldspot Pens)
- DPNs Size US 1/2.25mm in 4″ Green Stiletto Blunt only, Set of 4 $47 (via Signature Needle Arts)
- Barstock Fountain K with Phenolic body starting at $105 (via Karas Kustoms)
8 comments / Add your comment below
Have fun, Ana! My wife and I won’t make it this year – I’m working the weekend and we’re trying to save money. We went to the DC pen show instead. Visit Into The Whirled if you like making socks – they’re the absolute best!!
I will definitely look for Into The Whirled. Sorry you won’t be able to make it to Rhinebeck but the DC Pen Show is definitely a good alternative.
Oh boy, there are knitting festivals?! I’m so glad I got into pens, it’s gonna end up feeding my wool stash!
Have an awesome time, also lovely collection this week!
Oh, yes! Yarn and fiber festivals all over the world! In fact, in Dallas, Stitches West and the Dallas Pen Show were the same weekend. Knitters brought their yarn purchases to the pen show to share with me since I wasn’t able to make it to Stitches but I am definitely going to make a point to go early next year so I can go to both.
I love the Apple Cider Donut sweater! I may just have to make that one. Thanks for posting this about the Rhinebeck sweater. Oh…the pens and stuff are nice, too!
Cute synthetic squirrel! Rhinebeck NY is very cute also. Have fun!
Hopefully the Well Appointed Mister won’t rearrange things in the Well Appointed Studio while you’re away. : )
Have a great time! I’m going to my first yarn festival (SAFF) in North Carolina at the end of the month. Can’t wait! I’d love to hear all about your adventures.