This week, we lost another great, a true hero. Astronaut and politician John Glenn passed at the age of 95. The fact that for the last two days I’ve been awakened by an internal soundtrack of David Bowie singing “Starman” and “Major Tom” seemed to be a clear sign I needed to recognize our collective loss.
John Glenn was born with The Right Stuff and he was the last surviving astronaut of the Mercury program. He is also the oldest man to ever go into space having gone back out on the space shuttle in 1998 at the age of 77. So, in honor of the legend, this week’s Fashionable Friday is interstellar and out of this world, just the way John Glenn might want it. Godspeed, John Glenn. The stars await you.
- Voyager Poster starting at $25 (via Chop Shop)
- Diamine Shimmering Moon Dust Ink 50ml bottle $20 (via Anderson Pens)
- EDK Tumbled Aluminum Pen starting at $60, remember to use the coupon code “wellapptdesk” for an extra 10% off your purchase! (via Karas Kustoms)
- Fisher Space Pen in Black Titanium Nitride $48 (via Pen Chalet)
- Blackwing Long Point Pencil Sharpener $7.50 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Mitsubishi No. 772 Red-Blue Pencils $10/dozen (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Field Notes Lunacy Limited Edition $12.95/3-pack (via Anderson Pens)
- Doane Paper Moon Camera Idea Journal – Large $16 (via JetPens)
- Retro 51 Tribute Apollo Edition Rollerball $36 (via Anderson Pens)
- Vintage Project Mercury 4¢ Postage Stamps (set of twelve) $3 (via Enfield Post on Etsy)
- Noodler’s Midway Blue Ink $12.50 (via Pen Chalet)
John Glenn photo credit: NASA