Posts of the Week (and a little news):
The Col-o-ring Ink Testing Books received really good feedback at the Arkansas Pen Show in Little Rock this weekend and we are so happy about that. We will have them available for sale on the Well-Appointed Desk Big Cartel site on Saturday this week. We are just getting the shipping sorted out and the inventory nailed down before we list them. At present, they will only be available for US residents only.
We are going to look for ways to make them available in the UK and EU but right now, shipping costs exceed the price of the product with standard domestic shipping. Please don’t be angry with us. Because we are a small business we don’t ship enough to have the volume discounts with the postal service or another carrier to get a better shipping rate. The Col-o-ring books are bulky in size and shape which make them parcels, no matter how we pack them.
So… good news — we start shipping Saturday. Bad news — US only. On with the Link Love.
- Col-o-ring Ink Testing Books: Coming Soon from Well-Appointed Desk! (via Inkdependence)
- Video: Hot Off the Presses: Col-o-Ring Ink Testing Book! (via Inkdependence)
- Monteverde’s One Touch Stylus 9 Function Inkball Tool Pen (via From The Pen Cup)
- Video: Sailor 1911 Fresca Blue (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- Aurora 88 70th Anniversary LE Fountain Pen with Flexible Nib (via Pen Addict)
- Ink & Pen Notes: Aurora Optima Nero Perla (M) with Akkerman Dutch Masters 09 Steenrood van Vermeer (via FP Quest)
- Stabilo BeFab/BeYou Fountain Pen (via Write To Me Often)
- Namisu Nova Brass Fountain Pen (via Pencilcase Blog)
- About Pen Reviews And Reviewers (via Inkophile)
- Karas Pen Co. Cigar-Style Ink Fineliner (via Clicky Post)
- Porsche Shake Pen (via My Pen Needs Ink)
- My first fountain pen is retired (The Ink Smudge)
- Kaweco Sport (AL & Skyline) (via Hand Over That Pen)
- “Re”-Introducing The Conklin Stylograph Pen Collection (via Pen Chalet Blog)
- Magnetips Fineliners with Magnetic Ends (via Office Supply Geek)
- Simple and non-messy way to use dip pens (via Wibble Wobble | a Drewscape blog)
- Bookbinders Blue Coral (via Gourmet Pens)
- Diamine Kelly Green (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- Bookbinders Emerald Boa (via Gourmet Pens)
- Chesterfield Antique Oxford (via Alt. Haven)
- Diamine Dark Inks Test (via Fountain Pen Inks & Bleach)
- Monteverde Yosemite Green (via Pen Addict)
- Aurora’s Blue Black (via Bleistift)
- Platinum Classic Iron Gall (via Wonder Pens)
- Robert Oster Fire & Ice Ink (via All Things Stationery)
- Alvin Draft-Matic Drafting Pencil Mab Graves Limited Edition (via Pen Addict)
- Musgrave Round-Up (via The Weekly Pencil)
- The Classroom Friendly Sharpener (via Inkpothesis)
- Camel HB Pencils (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Field Notes Utility’s amazing Mohawk paper (via Bleistift)
- Mr. Paper! Rhodia No. 18 ColoR! (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- The Dot Grid Notebook – Some Great Brands + Why People Love Their Dot Grid! (via Notemaker Journal)
- New in paperback: The Pocket Notebook Book (via My Life All in One Place)
- Moving Into My New Bullet Journal (via Boho Berry)
- Baron Fig : Big and Small Confidants and Archer Pencils (via Gentleman Stationer)
- 30 Days of Letters Kit (via Letter Writers Alliance)
- Get Ready for National Card and Letter Writing Month! (via Think.Make.Share.)
Art & Art Supplies:
- New Daniel Smith Watercolours (via Jane Blundell)
- How to make your own light-weight sketchbook (via Wibble Wobble | a Drewscape blog)
- How to make acrylic painting light and portable (via Wibble Wobble | a Drewscape blog)
- NEW CLASS! So You Want to be an Illustrator? (via Lisa Congdon)
- Anthesis Arts Handcrafted Watercolors (via Doodlewash)
- New Online Class—Textures! (via Roz Wound Up)
Other Interesting Things:
- Galen Leather Extra Large Moleskine/iPad Cover (via Clicky Post)
- Modern Family Crest Tutorial (via The Postman’s Knock)
13 comments / Add your comment below
Ana – Good news about the Col-o-ring. Have you figured a way we can order to be picked up at the Atlanta Pen Show?
Yes, we will have Col-o-ring Books in Atlanta at the Pen Show. More details about that to follow soon.
“At present, they will only be available for US residents only.
We are going to look for ways to make them available in the UK and EU but right now, shipping costs exceed the price of the product with standard domestic shipping.”
Would love if you can investigate shipping the Col-o-ring to Canada. We seem to get included/discluded all the time cuz we’re either too close or just not USA.
I’m ready to order 2.
Unfortunately, the US postal system is treating anyone outside the US borders as international and charging accordingly though we can often yell at you across our borders, Canada and Mexico. I did not mean to forget you, my borderland friends. I will also check shipping costs and shop friends across the borders who might work with me to help provide better shipping costs.
Thanks, Ana! Not the best news, but neither was Trump taking over the reigns. I still appreciate the product, as it was needed in the market. And as for all the leg work your have signed up – thank you very much!
Hello. I might have missed this somehow…how many cards are there in a Coloring book?
100 cards per deck.
Exciting news about the Col-o-ring.
Thank you very much for the links. ⛓
These Col-o-Ring books look awesome, Ana…I’ll be buying!
These look amazing! For a UK reader who can’t get my mitts on them, could you perhaps reveal the paper you’ve chosen, so I can try it out for my own personal use?
I wish I could reveal the paper. My paper distributor won’t tell me what mill specifically so he can keep his trade secrets too. But we hope to find ways to distribute the Col-o-ring more broadly soon as well as ways to do some other formats with this paper because we love it that much! I’ll keep you posted.
Oh no!!! I’ve been waiting for it but it’s not available outside US. So sad. Hope you’ll find a way to make them available in EU soon!
Maybe an idea for shipping: if we separate the ring and the cards and spread them out inside an envelope, could it be less bulky? I personally really wouldn’t mind having to assemble the cards myself!