First, three tips from the Waldorf Astoria Bar Manager, Frank Caiafa, compliments of Bon Appetit.
- Rieger’s Midwestern Dry Gin (via J.Rieger & Co)
- PIUMA Minimal Fountain Pen in Titanium $90 (via Ensso)
- “Gitter & Be Gay” Polish $15 (via 1898 House)
- Pelikan Souverän M800 fountain pen Renaissance, special edition € 490
(€ 404,96 Outside EU) (via Fontoplumo)
- Pilot Custom 823 Fountain Pen $288 (via Anderson Pens)
- Barstock Fountain K Fountain Pens, starting at $80 (via Karas Pen Co.)
- Rieger’s Kansas City Whiskey (via J. Rieger & Co.)
- Tom’s Town Eli’s Strongarm Vodka $25 (via Tom’s Town)
- Inkaren Memo Clips, Box of 30 for $5.50 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- The Waldorf Astoria Bar Book $13.60 (via Amazon)
- Original MT Diagonal Cobalt Green Stripe Washi Tape, $3.50 per roll (via CuteTape)
- Sailor Jentle Four Seasons Waka-Uguisu (Japanese for “Cocktail Olive?”) Fountain Pen Ink (50ml Bottle) $18 (via Anderson Pens)
- Monteverde Scotch Brown Ink (30 ml Bottle) $8 (via JetPens)
- Retro Cocktail Glasses On Sale for $10 (via CapeCodGypsy on Etsy)
- Parker Jotter Ballpoint in Classic Stainless Steel $13.05 (via Pen Chalet)
May I recommend trying The Foghorn, a drink made famous at the Waldorf-Astoria?
Pour 2 oz of your favorite, ice cold gin into a tall (Tom Collins) glass full of ice. Fill with good quality ginger ale or ginger beer. Add 1/2 oz of fresh lime juice and garnish with lime wedge.
I know De Atramentis makes a slew of scented inks in an array of wines, whiskeys and such but I couldn’t find any currently in stock through my favorite online pen shops. If this is something you would be interested in purchasing, please ask your favorite pen shop to order them or leave a note in the comments and I’ll put in requests to get them restocked. But there are many ink colors that look like good cocktail colors that won’t make you smell like you’ve been having a three martini lunch. KWZ Honey is a good whiskey color, for example, as is Callifolio Huere Doree. Keep the ice tray full and the liquor cabinet well-stocked!
Update: This time, without the oops!