Many people, myself included, never expected that Twin Peaks would be revived as was hinted in the cryptic final scene statement, “I’ll see you again in twenty five years.” But lo and behold, thanks to the new world of Starz, HBO, Hulu and Amazon video production, it’s become possible for shows like Twin Peaks to come back. So, for weirdo nerds like me, I can find out if a show like Twin Peaks which was so epic in its day can live up to its reputation or if trying to bring it back will somehow tarnish its glory when so many other shows have taken what Twin Peaks built on and gone further. Still, to see the Double R Diner, the old Packard Mill and that familiar landscape of Twin Peaks to the strains of Angelo Badalamenti’s hauntingly beautiful music.
- Funko POP Television Twin Peaks Agent Cooper Action Figure $20.90 (via Amazon)
- Diane Tape Recorder Lapel Pin $8 (via Secret Flair Club)
- Great Northern Key Tag by Greenwich Letterpress $6.50 (via Little Otsu)
- Pelikan Souverän M800 Fountain Pen Renaissance Special Edition € 490 (€ 404,96 Outside EU) (via Fontoplumo)
- Butler Pen Pot in Walnut $38 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Zig Zag Chevron Black/Grey Washi Tape $2 per roll (via CuteTape)
- Robert Oster “Double R Diner” Caffe Crema Ink (50ml Bottle) $16 (via Anderson Pens)
- Black as Midnight on a Moonless Night Print $20 (via Lil Tuffy)
- J. Herbin Café des Îles Ink (Island “Damn Fine” Coffee Brown) (30 ml Bottle) $11.25 (via JetPens)
- Aurora Duo Cart Fountain Pen – Bordeaux with Gold Trim $180 (via Anderson Pens)
- Deconstructed Sketchbooks with “Reclaimed Packard Sawmill Wood” cover $18 (via Sapori)
- Pilot Prera “Wrapped in Plastic” Fountain Pen in Black $56 (via Pen Chalet)
- Custom InkTober + Denik Spiral “Black Lodge” Sketchbook $18 (via ArtSnacks)
Thanks to my sponsors for providing some of the images I use for Fashionable Friday (my apologies for the creative liberties with the thematic names). Please consider making your next purchase from one of the shops that support this blog and let them know you heard about them here. Thanks for your support and for supporting the shops that help keep it running.
4 comments / Add your comment below
Funko Pop figures are $9.95 at Barnes and Noble online. Not all Twin Peaks figures are in stock, but B&N showed 7 in all. They are sold in B&N stores too. Not saying they’ll be in stock, but might be worth checking. I got Charlie Brown and Snoopy Pop figures at my local B&N a year or two ago.
I’ve wanted to try J Herbin Cafe de Isles. Is it now a good, well behaved ink?
I think the prices on some of the Funko Pop figures fluctuate depending on the rarity. Some were only available at special Comic-Con events or were limited editions specific to certain stores, hence the slightly inflated prices. There’s also a Laura Palmer “Wrapped in Plastic” figure which I kind of love in a morbid way.
As for the Cafe des Iles, it’s still a wet ink but its a lovely coffee brown.
Thank you for this post. What fun to see all the items you gathered. The beautiful inks are drool worthy. I was not a Twin Peaks viewer for the original series, no TV, so I guess I have a treat in store for me.