For the sake of efficiency this week, leading up to the D.C. Pen Show, I’m combining a few news articles with the links rather than separating them out into their own post this week.
- Goulet Pens is moving! Shipping will be affected during the week of August 8-12 so be sure to read their blog post for details. Expedited shipping won’t be available and there may be some delays as they get moved so be patient.
- There are six new Akkerman Dutch Masters ink colors making a grand total of twelve colors of 120ml bottles available. They are currently stocked at both Anderson Pens and Vanness Pens.
- Shark Week has even invaded the US Post Office.
- This weekend is the Chicago International Urban Sketch Symposium so there is lots of posts on Instagram and various blogs from folks like Liz Steel, Citizen Sketcher and our very own Tina at Fueled by Clouds and Coffee. To see what some of these urban sketchers pack for a weekend of street sketching, check out Citizen Sketcher’s What’s in My Bag post and Tina’s Ready for Chicago post. Then follow them both on Instagram for more of their adventures.
- Sharpie Clear View Stick Highlighter (via Art Supply Critic)
- Pelikan M800 Raden Royal Gold (2017) (with video) (via Pelikan’s Perch)
- Video: Why I Love Noodler’s Ahab Fountain Pens (via The Frugal Fountain Pen)
- Video: Are Expensive Fountain Pens Really Worth It? (via The Frugal Fountain Pen)
- Visconti H.S. London Fog Rollerball (via Inks and Pens)
- Kaweco Liliput Brass Ballpoint (via Pen Addict)
- Pelikan Stola III fountain pen meta-review (via United Inkdom)
- Visconti Rembrandt Back to Black Edition (via Gentleman Stationer)
- My Love Affair with the Pentel Brush Pen (via Roz Wound Up)
- Robert Oster Signature Peppermint (via Pen Addict)
- Organics Studio Walden (via Squishy Ink)
- Krishna swatch tests (via Fountain Pen Inks & Bleach)
- Robert Oster Ink Australian Opal Mauve (via Gourmet Pens)
- Ink Comparison: Sailor Dark Reds (via Macchiato Man)
- The size of ink bottles. (via The Ink Smudge)
- Ink & Pen Notes: Sailor Pro Gear Regency Stripe (EF) with Sailor Nano Sei-Boku (Blue-Black) (via Fountain Pen Quest)
- Kaweco Blue-Black (via Pen Chalet Blog)
- Bosco wood pencils (via Pencil Talk)
- A Dozen Years. (via Pencil Revolution)
- Guide to Colored Pencils (via Jet Pens Blog)
Paper & Notebooks:
- Panobook by Studio Neat – Kickstarter (via Clicky Post)
- Inky Fingers Notebook Product Updates (via Pen Habit)
- Franklin-Christoph Pocket Notebook Cover Indigo Linen (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Video: Mr. Paper! Midori MD Notebooks! (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- William Hannah Discbound Notebook/Planner – Update (via Philofaxy)
Other Interesting Things:
- These Are My People! The Mincing Mockingbird & The Frantic Meerkat (via From The Pen Cup)
- Daily Journaling Prompts for August 2017 (via Quo Vadis Blog)
- A Prisoner’s Only Writing Machine (via New Yorker)
- The Bic Stops Here: In Priase of the Humble Stick Pen | Elizabeth Stinson, Wired (via The Cramped)
- Owl Post from Hogsmeade (via Letter Writers Alliance)
- The Hallmark Penthouse at Corporate Headquarters (via Think. Make. Share.)
(FYI: I’ve never actually seen this in person. You need a special key to access this level on the elevator.)
2 comments / Add your comment below
Like everything else you see on TV and the Internet these days, Shark Week is FAKE:
Not only is Shark Week fake, almost all the content is just dog-eared reruns of stuff that’s been aired over and over again, year after year. Remember, next year it will be 30 years that the Discovery Channel has been beating this dead horse (er shark).
Thank you for the link, which I appreciate.
And thank you for the Stantec article – some tough descriptions of prison life, but it really illuminates the role of creativity (and a really oddball typewriter) in survival.