Link of the Week:
This is the best, most-thorough and accurate review of the Platinum Classic inks I’ve seen yet. It’s also stunningly beautiful. I wholeheartedly agree that the Platinum Classic inks exhibit iron gall-like properties but are not true iron gall inks.
- My impressions on Platinum Classic (‘iron gall’) inks (via The Clumsy Penman’s Inkfusion Site)
- Video: Lamy Aion Fountain Pen (via Scrively)
- Pjotr Spica Virginis 3D Printed Fountain Pen (via Pencilcase Blog)
- Desert Island Pens: my controversial top 5 (via UK Fountain Pens)
- Jinhao 886 short review (via Wondernaut)
- Fountain Pen Faux Pas – 5 Things to Avoid When Using Your Fountain Pens (via On Fountain Pens)
- Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Technik Fountain Pen (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Video: Nib Newbs! Aurora Optima! (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- Papermate Inkjoy Gel Pen (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Robert Oster Black Violet (via Mountain of Ink)
- Blackstone Australian Bush (via Wondernaut)
- Nemosine Alpha Centauri (via Squishy Ink)
- Kingdom Note Jade Vine (via Squishy Ink)
- Kobe 48 Water Source Marche (via Mountian of Ink)
- Robert Oster Terracotta (via Mountain of Ink)
- Robert Oster Signature Orange Zest (via Alt. Haven)
- Lamy Pacific Blue (via Inkdependence)
- Diamine Music Chopin (via Gourmet Pens)
- Kobe #48 Marchais Blue (via Pen Chalet Blog)
- Kyo no oto No. 5 Aonibi (via UK Fountain Pens)
- Graphite vs Ink (via Bleistift)
- Pencil Prompt: Stay Sharp (via CW Pencils Blog)
- Caran d’Ache Pencil Peeler (via Pencil Talk)
Paper, Notebooks, Etc:
- Video: Inky Fingers Bullet Planner Overview (via The Pen Habit)
- Hobonichi 2018 (via East…West…Everywhere)
- A Moleskine with Better Paper: Leuchtturm1917 A6 Notebook (via Scribble Jot)
- 50 ways to fill a notebook – part 1 (via Ooh I Love Your Notebook)
- 50 ways to fill a notebook – part 2 (via Ooh I Love Your Notebook)
- Flow Diary 2018 (via Flow Magazine)
- Westkin Notebook (via The Finer Point)
- Video: Mr. Paper! Maruman Mnemosyne! (via Anderson Pens Blog)
- NockCo Gigante Folded Index Cards (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Taroko Design Breeze Notebook (via Mountain of Ink)
Art & Art Supplies:
- Can a new Sketchbook Get You Out of a Rut (via Liz Steel)
- Colored Pencil Review: Derwent Procolour (via Fueled by Clouds and Coffee)
- How to draw a bookcase (via Flow Magazine)
- Elegant Dip Pen Illustrations Inside the Sketchbooks of Elena Limkina (via Colassal)
- Craftsy Review: Getting Started With Colored Pencil & Water-Color With Janie Gildow (via Parka Blogs)
- Quick Ombré Lettering Mail Art Tutorial (via The Postman’s Knock)
Other Interesting Things:
- Why I Love My Paper Dictionary | Austin Kleon (via The Cramped)
- Video: Pen Show Primer: Matt’s Musings (via The Pen Habit)
- Free Digital Wallpapers: Cut Paper Designs to Mix and Match (via Think. Make. Share.)
- SF 2017: A Fluffy Pawspective (via Hand Over That Pen)
- Daily Journaling Prompts for September 2017 (via Quo Vadis Blog)
- Digital Divide Guest Post: Typewriter Reflections (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Help for Hurricane Harvey (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
10 comments / Add your comment below
I think your new Kitty should be named Violet after my favorite color of ink.
Helpful info on notebooks today. Happy news about Kid Kitten! I love his color and markings. —D.
Thank you for sharing the beautiful new little girl addition. And, the links are wonderful too. Much enjoyed and appreciated.
Thanks for the link love! (Ant @ UK Fountain Pens) 🙂
Parker is a great name for a cat. (I have an 18-year-old tom named Richard Parker after the tiger in Life of Pi, but it could be a pen thing, too.)
The way she sits there all regal and she has no problem wearing all of her “rings”, the first name that came to my head was Antoinette.
The second one was Joli. Joli is french for Pretty!!
What a gorgeous (and lucky) torbie! How about Esterbrook (Ester for short)?
My dearly departed Siamese was named Esther. We have considered Addie Turbo because she is basically jet-propelled and I like a good knitting joke.
Thank you for considering my review of Platinum ink a as ‘the link of the week’. Most appreciated.
Thanks for the Inky Fingers bullet journal link. I would love to see a review of various pocket-sized, pre-formatted bullet journals similar to this one! There aren’t many out there, and I can’t seem to find them listed in one spot either. Love your newsletter!