Apologies for the delay on this post. I stayed up late last night watching the Cubs play the Royals love in Kansas City with my dad. This game was hot on the heels of my flight rolling into Kansas City from DC post-pen show. So, I spent the better part of today catching up on my “jobby-job.” I know, where are my priorities?!!?
There are several great recaps of the DC Pen Show in Other Interesting Things as well as the monthly wallpapers. This week’s pen section is chock full of reviews of the new Karas Pen Co. Galaxie and Starliner pens which are slowly being released this month. And Les over at Comfortable Shoes Studio has started her annual Compostion Book reviews which you can find links for in the Notebooks and Paper section.
And last, but certainly not least, our beloved Tina has returned from Portugal to share her sketching adventures in the Art & Creativity section and will hopefully have some new reviews here on the blog soon.
- Karas Pen Co. Reaktor Galaxie (XL) & Starliner (XL) (via Pencilcase Blog)
- Karas Kustoms Starliner fountain pen (via United Inkdom)
- Karas Kustoms Reaktor – Starline and Galaxie Fountain Pen & Rollerball (via Ed Jelley)
- Parker Vector Fountain Pen (via Pen Addict)
- Conid Antwerppen & More (via Pencilcase Blog)
- News: M205 Olivine Special Edition Demonstrator (via Pelikan’s Perch)
- New Hallmark Additions (via My Supply Room)
- Pelikan Made Taylorix Pens (via Pelikan’s Perch)
- Kyo-Iro Stone Road of Gion (via Inkdependence)
- KWZI Raspberry (via Gourmet Pens)
- Noodler’s Midway Blue (via Alt. Haven)
- Graf von Faber-Castell Turquoise Ink Cartridge (via Pen Addict)
- Robert Oster Schwarze Rose (via Mountain of Ink)
- Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün (via Winter Sharks)
- Nick Stewart’s Randall – Blue Black ink…with twist (via The Clumsy Penman’s InKfusion Site)
- Colorverse 14 Supernova (via Mountain of Ink)
- Birmingham Pen July 2018 Ink Subscription (via Mountain of Ink)
- An Inky Adventure to Explore: Krishna Jungle Volcano (via Fountain PenArchy)
- Baron Fig Elements Limited Edition Archer (via The Finer Point)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Kyokuto F.O.B. COOP To Do List Sticky Notes (via Pen Addict)
- The Rhodia Goalbook (via Pen Addict)
- GatzBCN Tomoe River Notebooks (via Gourmet Pens)
- Midori MD Notebook (via Mountain of Ink)
- Hobonichi 2019 (via East…West…Everywhere)
- Composition Books at CVS 2018 (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Composition Notebooks at Staples 2018 (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Write Notepads “The Lawn” (via Notebook Joy)
- Stalogy Notebook (via Notebook Stories)
- “Man Goes on Walmart Shopping Spree, Buys 2,000 Notebooks” (via Notebook Stories)
Art & Creativity:
- Portugal Sketching Highlights (via Fueled By Clouds and Coffee)
- Step By Step: Pen, watercolor, and Collage (via Roz Wound Up)
- Summertime Sketching & The Livin’s Easy (via Doodler’s Anonymous)
- I’m Making a Brand New Sketchbook (via Dispatch From LA)
- Review of my Europe18 Paint Supply (via Liz Steel)
- Porto Symposium, Part 1: Lapin Workshop, Lawlor Demo (via Fueled by Clouds and Coffee)
- Porto Symposium, Part 2: Bajzek Workshop (via Fueled by Clouds and Coffee)
- Porto Symposium, Part 3: Everything Else (via Fueled by Clouds and Coffee)
- The Difference Between Watercolor, Gouache, and Poster Color Paints (via JetPens Blog)
- Beginner Workshops at the Sydney Pen Show – Saturday 18 August (via Liz Steel)
Other Interesting Things:
- Five step guide to pen addiction (via Ink Smudge)
- Eclectic or Weak? (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- DC Pen Show 2018 Recap (via Looped Square)
- My 2018 D.C. Pen Show Journal (via Gentleman Stationer)
- The state of the collection (or why it’s good to stop and appreciate what you have) (via UK Fountain Pens)
- At a Pen Show (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- Keeping Track of Pens and Ink (via Winter Sharks)
- Aesthetic Bay Nakaya Clinic: Day 2 (via Hand Over That Pen)
- Confessions of a Pencil Lady: School Supply Betrayal (via CW Pencils Blog)
- Stationery Shopping: Kingdom Note (via Notebook Joy)
- D.C Pen Show Experience and Japan (via Notebook Joy)
- Back to School with Our Free August 2018 Digital Wallpapers (via Think. Make. Share.)
- August 2018 Wallpapers (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
5 comments / Add your comment below
So, are any of you ladies going to get the Pelikan M200 Olivine FP? Am soooooo tempted.
Thanks for the links Ana!
It was such a delight to see you in DC. Hope you’ll be coming to Dallas next month.
Indeed. I will be!
Thanks for the plug, Ana! Indeed, reviews coming soon!