There was a knitting podcast (the first-ish knitting podcast) called Cast On, and at the end of it, the host would always close by saying, “If you’re cold, put on a sweater…” In the cold month of January, all I really want to do is knit big, cozy sweaters, so it seemed like just the right theme for Fashionable Friday. Laura and I are also starting our own knitalong for Kate Davies’ Carbeth Pullover/Cardigan. I have to finish up a few things before I can start but I’m itching to cast-on.
- The Knitting Planner 2019 $30 (via Jen Geigley)
- Magnetic Sheep Paperclip Holder $15.99 (via Amazon)
- Kaweco AL Sport fountain pen in light blue aluminum €71.50 (via Fontoplumo)
- Kyo-no-oto 09 Keshimurasaki Fountain Pen Ink $28 for 40ml bottle (via Vanness Pen Shop)
- Lamy Scala Rose Fountain Pen €89 (via Appelboom)
- 16 Most Unique Knit And Purl Stitches To Whip Up (via The Whoot)
- Note Pals “Alpaca Farm” Sticky Tags $2 (via Vanness Pens)
- Craft Handmade Rubber Stamp $6 (via CuteTape)
- Sun-Star Stickyle Scissors – Long Type – White x Clear $6.75 (via JetPens)
- J Herbin Poussiere de Lune Bottled Ink Fountain Pen Ink 30ml bottle for $10.35 (via Pen Chalet)
- Kate Davies’ Carbeth Cardigan Pattern (via Kate Davies)
DISCLAIMER: The item in this review include affiliate links. The Well-Appointed Desk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Please see the About page for more details.
Thanks to our sponsors for providing some of the images used for Fashionable Friday. Please consider making your next purchase from one of the shops that support this blog and let them know you heard about them here.
Thanks for your support and for supporting the shops that help keep it running.
2 comments / Add your comment below
I miss Cast On. I still have all the episodes. Maybe it’s time for a re-listen.
I miss Cast On too! And have said that phrase to my kids more times than I can count when they complain about how cold the house is. 🙂