July 20th is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. Here at the house of NASA love we’ve been celebrating for the last 50 years, so I decided it was high time to celebrate the occassion as an official Fashionable Friday. Thankfully, the fountain pen community has also embraced this momentous occasion with some amazing special editions. It’s easy to be inspired by the visions of a future greater than ourselves… when we believed that we could go beyond the stars. And then we did.
- Colorverse Moon Landing Ink Set $100 (via Pen Chalet)
- Lamy Safari USA Independence Fountain Pen $36 (via Vanness Pen Shop)
19171969 (I took creative liberties with the cover wrap) A5 Dot Grid Notebook in Metallic Silver $25.50 (via Anderson Pens)
- Diamine 150th Anniversary in Silver Fox Ink $15.50 for 40 ml Bottle (via JetPens)
- Retro 51 Tornado Fountain Pen – Apollo Limited Edition, pre-order $120 (via Vanness Pen Shop)
- Montegrappa Moon Landing Fountain pen €326.45 or $395USD (via Appelboom or Goldspot Pens)
- One Giant Leap: The Impossible Mission That Flew Us to the Moon $19.25 (via Amazon)
- Apollo 11 from The Giant Leaps in Space Print Series $55 (via Chop Shop)
- Moon Globe $85.25 (via Amazon)
- The Coop NASA Apollo Moon Landing Film Canister Lunch Tins $20.97 (via Amazon)
- Field Notes Three Missions Notebook $12.95 (via Pen Chalet)
- Leather tote bag in silver $150.00+ (via LaraKlass on Etsy)
- Caran d’Ache 849 fountain pen white €55 (via Fontoplumo)
- Diamine Shimmering Moon Dust Fountain Pen Ink $20 for 50ml bottle (via Goldspot Pens)
- MT Thick Thin Black Stripe Washi Tape $3.50 per roll (via CuteTape)
For more information about exhibitions and festivities planned for the anniversary, check out these links:
- Duran Duran to Perform at Moon Landing 50th Anniversary Celebration (via Rolling Stone)
- NASA Celebrated Apollo 11’s 50th Anniversary with a Total Restoration of Mission Control (via Esquire)
- Apollo 50 (via Smithsonian Air & Space Museum)
DISCLAIMER: The item in this review include affiliate links. The Well-Appointed Desk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Please see the About page for more details.
Thanks to our sponsors for providing some of the images I use for Fashionable Friday. Please consider making your next purchase from one of the shops that support this blog and let them know you heard about them here.
Thanks for reading and for supporting the shops that help keep it running.