This week’s Ink section features Diamine’s new UK exclusive colors. There’s a sneak peek of the new AL-Star Tourmaline in Pens but the bulk of the pen-iverse is talking about planners, bullet journaling and notebooks. Clearly, I am not the only one who spends a ridiculous amount of time plotting which planner to use each year. I really need to do a wrap-up of my notebook and planner success and failures before the new year. Would anyone want to read about that? Have you figured out your planning strategy for 2020?
- Opus88 Omar Clear Demonstrator Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens)
- Sneak Peek: 2020 Special Edition LAMY AL-Star Turmaline (via Goulet Pens Blog)
- Pilot Metropolitan: A Comprehensive Guide (via JetPens Blog)
- nagasawa kobe #54 goshikiyama ochre (via Ink Sharks)
- Diamine Scribble Purple (via Mountain of Ink)
- Ferris Wheel Press Charger Set (via Mountain of Ink)
- FPUK special inks (via United Inkdom)
- Diamine Monboddo’s Hat Ink Review (via The Pen Addict)
- It’s That Time Of Year. Again. (via Contrapuntalism)
- The Koh I Noor store wouldn’t let me take photos… (via Wood & Graphite)
- Pencil Review: Mitsubishi 9825EW (HB) (via Polar Pencil Pusher)
Paper & Notebooks (and Planners!):
- Oxford USA Hardcover Journal (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Hybrid Analog and Digital Planning and Productivity System (via Rediscover Analog)
- 2019 Planner Review. (via The Finer Point)
- Moleskine Monday: Which Came First? (via Notebook Stories)
- Bullet Journal vs. Annual Planners vs. Undated Planners (via Rediscover Analog)
- Notebook Stories reviews the Quo Vadis Life Journal Infinite (via Quo Vadis Blog)
- Diary Inserts for 2020 (via Philofaxy)
- The Golden Rules of How to Use the Philofaxy Diary Inserts (via Philofaxy)
- What Are The Best Fountain Pen Friendly Notebooks For Bullet Journaling? (via Fountain Pen Love)
- Lamy A5 Hardbound Notebook Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Review: Baron Fig NYC Vanguard (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- Notebook Review: Rifle Paper Co. Graph Notepad (via Polar Pencil Pusher)
- The Waverley Commonplace v The Alwych (via Nero’s Notes)
Art & Creativity:
- Pantone Has Announced ‘Classic Blue’ as 2020 Color of the Year (via My Modern Met)
- Artist Makes Stunning Aerial Embroidery That Showcases The Hidden Patterns Of Cultivated Farmland (via Design You Trust)
- The Artistic Ecosystems of Yellena James (via Kottke.org)
- Tina’s 2019 Top Products (plus Fails) (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Bee Paper Can Be Quirky (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
Other Interesting Things:
- Bryan Hulser, Esterbrook and the Madrid Pen Show! (via INKED HAPPINESS)
- Inktober 2019 Rubber Stamps Pre Orders (via Letter Writers Alliance)
- Instagram Account Combats Bad Headlines by Sharing Positive News (via My Modern Met)
- Toys come to life and learn to skate in Aardman’s Dancing on Ice ad (via It’s Nice That)
- Keeping Your Typewriter Young (Popular Mechanics, November 1942) (via oz.Typewriter)
A few paintings of typewriters (via The Typewriter Revolution blog)
- Nock Co. Seed Case (via Mountain of Ink)
4 comments / Add your comment below
“I really need to do a wrap-up of my notebook and planner success and failures before the new year. Would anyone want to read about that?”
Yes, I would find that very interesting, and probably useful.
Thanks, as always Ana.
Huh, I know it’s not April Fools Day, but that Al-Star does look like the Pacific model. Why does Lamy do the just a shade off gimmick?
Yes to reading about your planner successes and failures. I’m going back to the Travelers Notebook weekly plus memo calendar inserts. I tried an unstructured Leuchtturm notebook, and that (obviously) did not work.
Of course we want to read that! Have you met us? 🙂
(Myself I have happily settled on the Hobonichi Weeks, but the extra notebook(s) vary, and I’m struggling with a new addiction to notebook covers, cases, and bands/straps.)
For more years than I’d like to remember I’ve collected those little free paper calendars that Hallmark would display near the cash registers. My whole life is contained in those little booklets. This year I’ve been unable to find one anywhere. If anyone could help me out I’d happily pay for it, perhaps with an Amazon gift card or ??