First, I want to remind everyone that this weekend, Laura is participating in a knit-a-thon to raise money for food charities. She’ll be knitting for 12 straight hours and you can still help support her efforts. Looking forward to cheering her on from my bench seat.
Second, today is my first day at a new job. I’m nervous to start a new job with new people in a new place. I want to do a good job, be creative and clever and all those things. But… I am also worried about a lot of the dumb stuff that you worry about on your first day too like will there be a place to microwave my lunch or should I bring a salad instead? Do we get a lunch break or does everyone eat at their desk? Should I take anything to put on my desk like, you know, GOOD pens and a nice notebook? And then there’s modern day concerns like which mask should I wear? Plain or something with a pattern that shows a bit of style? I know it’s crazy to worry about this kind of thing but I do. Doesn’t everyone? So, while you all are tucked up at home working in your jammies or going about your daily routine, send me a little good luck mojo. Thanks!
- Kaco Alpha gel pens (via Bleistift)
- Schon DSGN insert-laboured-pun-here Brass in Pocket 6 (via United Inkdom)
- Gravitas Knotwork fountain pen (via Too many pens)
- L’Artisan Pastellier Encre Classic Ocre Jaune (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Ferris Wheel Press Pink Eraser on Rhodia (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Kaweco Pearl Black (via Mountain of Ink)
- Tokyo International Pen Show Blackness High Tea (via Macchiato Man)
- PenBBS #159 Bitter Herb (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Wagner: The All American Pencil Company (via pencil talk)
- Mechanical Pencil Review: Ohto Sharp APS-280E (via The Gentleman Stationer)
Notebooks & Paper:
- The Scale of Paper Absorption: Part 3 (via Left Hook Pens)
- Carriage House Papermaking Kit: A Review (Part 2 of 2) (via The Pen Addict)
- Yoseka Stationery’s Guide to Traveler’s Notebooks (via Yoseka Blog)
- Esc. Goods 160 GSM Bullet Journal Notebook Review (Including Pen Test) (via All About Planners)
Art & Creativity:
- Revisiting my coloured ink collection (via Liz Steel)
- Grateful: Noise-Canceling Headphones (via Apple-Pine)
- 21 Watercolors That Show How The Sun And Shadows Change Cities (via Design You Trust)
Other Interesting Things:
- A Short History of Grand Central Terminal, a New York City Landmark (via My Modern Met)
- The Pen Punk Podcast. (Via PENCIL REVOLUTION!)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
12 comments / Add your comment below
You’ve got this Ana!
Of course jitters are natural. Just remember you have the toolkit to succeed.
You’re going to do great.
I forgot to wish Laura good luck with that 12 hours of knitting. Good luck Laura!
Congratulations on your new gig, Ana!! whoever has you may not yet know what a gem you are but they will learn soon enough. Enjoy your first day and I hope you get to eat lunch at the table with all the other cool kids!
I’m wishing you lots of success and happiness in your new job. Best of luck to you ! And keep a journal of all the good stuff that happens in your new endeavor too.
I hope you have an excellent first day and all the days thereafter.
Good luck, Laura! Hope you enjoy and have fun!!
Heartfelt congrats on your new job, Ana! Have a great time showing off all your cool toys and making new friends!!
Hope it’s going well! You’ll be great – it just takes time.
Hope the first day went well!
Hope you have an awesome first day!
Ana, I hope your first day went well. They’re so lucky to have you!
hoping your first day went off w/o a hitch!
Hope your first day was utterly fantastic.