Happy Cinco de Mayo and Revenge of the Fifth!
To celebrate our favorite holiday, May the Fourth Be With You, we are hosting a week long sale in the shop. It’s a once a year event — we are offering 20% off all merchandise and this offer is available in our Big Cartel and Etsy shop. Sales ends on Sunday.
I probably should have titled this week’s Link Love as “All Our Inks Are Blue” since we are chock-a-bloc full of blue ink reviews this week. There are also some stationery-related links in “other interesting things” and a noticeable absence of cats. If you need a cat fix, go back to last week and revisit the Bodega Cats.
In Art & Creativity, Laura launched a new knitting pattern. Check it out and send her a big congrats!
Finally, we say goodbye to another space pioneer this week. Godspeed, Michael Collins, may the view from wherever you are now be stellar.
- High Street Fountain Pens for a Fiver (via dapprman)
- Montegrappa Harry Potter – Gryffindor (via An Unexpected Letter)
- Stanford Wood Studio Inspired by The Impressionists Fountain Pen | Exclusive Ink | Pouch (via Gourmet Pens)
- What The Doublé L? An Exploration Of Rolled Gold (via The Pelikan’s Perch)
- It’s That Time Again! Updated 2021 “Best Pen” Recommendations (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Toomanyinks Instagram revived (via TooManyPelikans)
- Taccia Light Washed Jeans on Leuchtturm1917 (via Inkcredible Colours)
- PenBBS #513 (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Kobe 07 Kaikyou Blue (via Mountain of Ink)
- Workhorse Inks: Exploring Iroshizuku, Part II (Asa-Gao, Murasaki-Shikibu, and Aji-Sai) (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- The Noodler’s Cinematic Universe: Noodler’s Lermontov (via Left Hook Pens)
- Pencils !?!?!? (via Fountain Pen Quest)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Handwritten letters for those living with cancer (via The Pen Company Blog)
- Index Cards (via Nero’s Notes)
Art & Creativity:
- How To Sew On A Button (+ Video!) (via Tilly & the Buttons)
- The design of graphic props and how a graduate animation got nominated for an Oscar (via It’s Nice That)
- Monotype sums up the creative trends we’re seeing this year – and nostalgia is a big one (via Creative Boom)
- Negley’s Delightful Diplodocus (via Fancy Tiger Crafts)
- Knit Me: Snickersnack in Brown Sheep Yarn Co. Lana Bouclé (via The Corner of Knit & Tea)
Other Interesting Things:
- Galen Stack & Store pen trays: great if you come with the right expectations (via UK fountain pens)
- Office party. (via Present&Correct)
- Self-care on Repeat: The Art of Organizing (via Modern Daily Knitting)
- Jessica Vaughn’s Cathartic Critiques of Office Culture (via Hyperallergic)
- A Documentary About How We Got to Sesame Street (via Hyperallergic)
- Iconic Volkswagen “Love Bus” Gets an Electric Revival In Its New ID.Buzz (via My Modern Met)
- RIP NASA Pioneer Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Crew Member (via My Modern Met)
- A Rare Toshiba Typewriter from the 1950s Operates with a Trilingual Index of Thousands of Characters (via Colossal)
- Solar Mountain Would Produce Renewable Energy at Burning Man (via My Modern Met)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!