I think this week’s title says it all — it was a good week for pencil posts. There are several wonderful posts on pencil history and a guide to Blackwing Wings. It seems like a good time to start sharpening your pencils too — new planner season is coming and JetPens has created a sign-up list (link below) to be notified when your favorite planner brand drops their 2022 planners. JetPens carries many of the most popular planners like Hobonichi, Roterfaden Taschenbegleiter (spelled that without looking!), Jibun Techo, Midori and more. With COVID restrictions being lifted and more of us getting out and about in the world, ave you started plotting your planner for 2022?
In other news, this weekend is the Miami Pen Show which is taking place. Hopefully, its a successful event because just a couple weeks later, the DC Pen Show kicks off. I am starting to hear from folks who are vending or attending these events. Are you going? Since I started a new job a couple months ago, I don’t have the vacation time accrued to do much traveling this year but hopefully next year I can attend a show or two.
To pencils, planners and pen shows!
- Handwriting with a Sailor Fountain Pen Concord Nib (via Gourmet Pens)
- REVIEW: SAILOR PRO GEAR SLIM MINI FOUNTAIN PEN (via The Pencilcase Blog )
- T.G.S. x Sunderland mk1 Pens Are Now Available For Purchase! (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Van Dieman’s Underwater Collection Part 1 (via Mountain of Ink)
- Van Dieman’s Underwater Collection Part 2 (via Mountain of Ink)
- Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki on Rhodia (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Birmingham Pen Co. Antique Sepia Fountain Pen Ink Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Robert Oster Sushi (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Organics Studio Neon Orange (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Workhorse Inks Update: Water-Testing TWSBI Inks (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- TWSBI with converters and cartridges? Check out the TWSBI Swipe (via Rediscover Analog)
- Thomas Wilsons’ Cumberland Pencil Co (via Pencil Fodder)
- Eberhard Faber (1963) (via Present&Correct)
- Mr Rafieh’s Pencil Shop, Tehran. (via Present&Correct)
- Blackwing Pencils: A Comprehensive Guide (via JetPens Blog)
- A.W.Faber’s Polygrade Pencils and the moving F grade (via Pencil Fodder)
Notebooks & Paper:
- 2022 Planner Notification Sign-Ups (via JetPens Blog)
- Profolio Oasis Summit Notebook Review (via Fountain Pen Love)
- Profolio Oasis Summit B6 Notebook Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Lifespan of Different Filofax sizes (via Philofaxy)
Art & Creativity:
- Anne’s School Days (via Abigail Halpin)
- New Exhibition in Tokyo Explores 1,500-Year History of Women’s Kimonos (via My Modern Met)
- Stitch the Beauty of Bugs With These Intricate Embroidery Patterns (via Brown Paper Bag)
- Charming Illustrations Place Endearing Robots in Nature (via My Modern Met)
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens Review (via Doodlewash)
Other Interesting Things:
- Japanese Artist Depicts Cats, Dogs, And Other Animals Using Watercolor Flower Arrangements (via Design You Trust)
- MAPPA Studio: a look inside the office that’s creating your favorite anime (via Spoon & Tamago)
- An Enormous 3D Calico Cat Greets Passersby at Tokyo’s Shinjuku Station (via Colossal)
- Guy Sets Out Ice Cube for a Thirsty Squirrel To Drink During Heatwave (via My Modern Met)
- The Best Waxed Canvas Backpacks in 2021 (via Carryology)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
1 comment / Add your comment below
The San Francisco Pen SHow is Happening!
I will have a table with my Fearless Felt Journals and
I am teaching “Sketching with Fountain Pens” on Sat Aug 28!
The class is already filling up. If you would like to list it on your blog, I would appreciate it very much!