Since returning from Indianapolis last week, I have been filling in at the college where I taught last year. I did this substitute teaching ON TOP OF working my day job. The class meets twice a week from 6-9pm. Yes, design classes meet for THREE HOURS and are still meeting largely on Zoom. As an introvert, to say that working a 12-hour day AND keeping up with my side hustles has made me exhausted would be an understatement.
I don’t think I’ve been this tired since…ever.
When do you (or should I) say enough is enough and dive under the covers and sleep for a week?
- Forget the ‘grail’ pen… what’s your ‘exit’ pen? (via UK fountain pens)
- News: M200 Golden Beryl Special Edition Demonstrator (via The Pelikan’s Perch)
- La Couronne du Comte (Diamine) Pain d’Épices (via Macchiato Man)
- Colorverse 001 Shiny Black (via Mountain of Ink)
- Birmingham Salt Water Taffy on Muji Planting Tree (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Ink Review #617: Tono & Lims Friendship Fixation: Baby Green (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Pencil Review: Staedtler Tradition (HB) (via Polar Pencil Pusher)
- The rOtring 600 Lineup Lightens Up: Gold, Rose Gold, and Pearl White (via Penquisition)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Hightide Puggy’s Best Notebook Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Breezing Through the Cosmo Air Light Paper Review (via The Poor Penman)
- Are Japanese Planners Better Than American Planners? (via JetPens)
- Made for Ink Exorcise and Chalk Stripe notebook review (via FOUNTAIN PEN INK ART)
- How ADHD led me to the Golden Coil Planner (via The Pen Addict)
- Reflection: Falling Back into Pocket Notebooks (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- How I Use My Notebooks: Daily Planner Update (via Writing at Large)
Art & Creativity:
- Black Krim (Plus Thoughts on Lightfast) (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Inktober 2021: leftovers (via Apple-Pine)
- Something different… Gamma and sepia (via Liz Steel)
Other Interesting Things:
- 101-Year-Old Lady Adopts Senior Shelter Cat and They’re Now Best Buds (via My Modern Met)
- How to avoid feeling lonely in an age of remote working (via Creative Boom)
- Black Crow Halloween Mail Art Tutorial (via The Postman’s Knock)
- New for the Holidays: Prices, Shipping Rates and Dates (via USPS)
- 2021 Chicago Pen Show Recap (via The Pen Addict)
- 2021 Chicago Pen Show Recap: Back to Normal … Slowly (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Through the eyes of a Curious Cat Man (via Victorian Trading Co Blog)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
(If you’re curious, the “Not Today Satan” print was created and printed at Skylab Letterpress and available on our shop)
1 comment / Add your comment below
Sounds terrible! Go take a nap now!