This meme got sent around my friends last week. At the time, I wasn’t convinced that 2022 had really started out all that badly. Then I had three different people tell me they were exposed to COVID, two that are suffering from it and I live in a community where the politicians have chosen to just avoid the issue altogether. Monday, I had a stress-filled day at work and then got home to discover someone had stolen my credit card number. If you’re going to steal my credit card and use it at a sporting goods store, trust me, my bank is going to flag that as a suspicious purchase. I will be spending the next week updating every web site or auto-payment linked to that card. So, on second though, I’d like to unsubscribe from 2022. Maybe, if 2022 sends me a coupon, I might consider resubscribing at a later date.
- Franklin-Christoph 31, customised… (via Flex & Other Follies)
- Waldmann Tango Imagination Fountain Pen – A Stunning Writer (via The Pen Addict)
- 3 Oysters Dancheong (via Mountain of Ink)
- Pilot Iroshizuku LE Set (via Mountain of Ink)
- Diamine Blue Edition Mistletoe (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- A New Ink for the New Year: Birmingham Ancho Chili Pepper (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Ink Mega Review! TWSBI 1791 inks (via A Stationery Voyage)
- Parker Liquid Lead Pencils (via The Leadhead’s Pencil Blog)
- ippo! x MONO (via Bleistift)
- Blackwing Volumes Top 7 (via Stationery 🍕)
- Birmingham Salt Water Taffy on Midori MD (via Inkcredible Colours)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Planning for 2022 (via Apple-Pine)
- Reflection: Journaling for Clarity (via Comfortable Shoes Studio)
- The Paper Mind Mitsubishi Bank Paper Notebooks (Sponsor) (via The Pen Addict)
- First look at the Lamy Neolab smart Pen and Digital Paper (via Good e-Reader)
- Primo Planner Review (Day to a page layout with weekly overview) (via All About Planners)
- How to set up your planner for a productive year (my 10 step process) (via All About Planners)
- Notebooks for the New Year (via Wonder Pens)
- Undated Nolty Daily Book Dailybook Diary from Japan (via Notebook Stories)
- 2022 Daily Carry: Starting the New Year (via The Gentleman Stationer)
Art & Creativity:
- 101 Reasons NOT to Knit (via Tin Can Knits)
- New Year, New Socks: 5 Beauties We Love (via Modern Daily Knitting)
- Book Review: Mike Daikubara’s Color First, Ink Later (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- A little watercolour pencil (via Liz Steel)
- Old and New (via Abigail Halpin)
- Six-colour palette mixing (via Liz Steel)
- GUEST ARTIST: “Playing in Puddles” by PM artist Studio (via Doodlewash)
- Botanical Drawing vs. Nature Journaling (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Tiny Faces Animate Minimal Mugs and Planters by Ceramicist Rami Kim (via Colossal)
Other Interesting Things:
- stickers, washi tapes, and more i (via Ink Sharks)
- Bel-Air, a Dramatic Reboot of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (via Kottke.org)
- Female Bolivian Skateboarders Shred in Traditional Dress (via Kottke.org)
- 12 artists illustrate a calendar recording every bad decision the government made during 2021 (via It’s Nice That)
KFC Launches Plant-Based Beyond Fried Chicken, and It’s Bound To Be Finger-Lickin’ Good (via Dieline)
- Topo Chico Launches Ranch Water Hard Seltzer (via Dieline)
- 2021 – A Year In Review (via Cult Pens Blog)
- Finding a remote teaching rhythm (via mnmlscholar)
- Thoughts on handwriting (via UK fountain pens)
- East and West (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- The creative seasons (via Austin Kleon)
- On Mastering Unproductivity This Year // Trina O’Gorman (via Baum-kuchen)
- Tempus Fugit (via Nero’s Notes Blog)
- USPS reveals more stamps for 2022 (via USPS Newsroom)
- Shipping Delays (via Yoseka Stationery Blog)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
12 comments / Add your comment below
It will have to be a pretty steep discount coupon to tempt me to re-subscribe. I am so sorry about the credit card theft. Figuring out everywhere you use that number will be madness.
Thank you for this week’s Link Love. It looks like a great set of rabbit holes to explore. I don’t know how you do it all: full-time job, the Well-Appointed Desk posts and discussions and shop, life, cat, spouse… Clones? Time-machine? Never sleeping?
You are a wonder. I may give up on a lot of 2022, but not on the Well-Appointed Desk posts. They help me endure this pandemic and other insanities.
Thanks so much, Ruth. People like you are why I keep doing it.
I clicked on the link to the TWSBI ink review and got an error message. The link in the URL bar is:
I deleted the %20Pencils: from the URL string and went right to the review. I thought I’d mention the trick here in case others might find it useful.
Maybe the %20pencils is a hint for a secret coupon code? I’m afraid 2022 will have to do a lot better than that!
Sadly, the %20Pencils was a typo on my part. Hope your 2022 improves soon!
It’s java script/ASCII for adding a space.
I like your idea of it being a secrect code for “20% off Pencils” a lot better! ^_^
It was actually a huge typo that meant I left off the entire Pencils link section. Thanks for clicking links and finding my error!
Thanks for catching that! I have fixed the links.
You’re welcome and thank you for fixing the link! ^_^
Ohh, that sucks. So sorry to hear it! 🙁
Tripped in my office. Fell on my knee…hard. Wearing a knee brace and waiting for the pain to stop. Yay 2022. I’d also like to unsubscribe. Love your post and feel your pain!