Within 24 hours, I will be on the road on my way to the St. Louis Pen Show. In this pandemic-ridden world, the idea of surrounding myself with more people, particularly after so many friends and colleagues have contracted COVID in the last month or so, is a little nerve-wracking. I know lots of people have contracted COVID and recovered in no time, but as an asthmatic, the idea of catching this illness scares the crap out of me. So, if you see me with a mask on this weekend, do not take offense. I do not want to catch an illness that could potentially result in a hospital stay and ventilator.
Beyond the health risks, hauling and setting up a table is nerve-wracking and stressful. Did I remember to pack this or that or the other thing? Will anyone buy what I bring?
And then Jesi and I are teaching a workshop on inks so that’s a whole additional level of stress. I am fine standing in front of people as long as I feel prepared but having not taught this type of workshop before means I am not entirely sure what people are expecting from the content.
If you see me or Jesi, please say hello. We are just as nervous and stressed at these events as you might be and we have added all these additional stressors as well so seeing friendly, happy faces is just what we need to settle nerves. If you smuggle us a gin & tonic too, we’ll be your friend for life.
- The Best Pens for Heavy-Handed Writers (via JetPens Blog)
- Why I love fountain pens (via Stationery 🍕)
- There’s A Problem With My Platinum Century Pen (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
- Anderillium Avian Series: American Goldfinch Yellow Ink Review (via The Pen Addict)
- KWZ Missouri Norton (via Mountain of Ink)
- La Couronne du Comte (Diamine) Vert Sapin (via Macchiato Man)
- Travelling with ink: Forest of Dean. (via Fountain pen blog)
- Vinta Inks Harlequin Bodabil (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Ferris Wheel Press Goose Poupon (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
Notebooks & Paper:
- The magic of a personal keyword system (via mnmlscholar)
- All geared up for commonplace notes (via mnmlscholar)
- What is the Difference Between a Planner and a Journal? (via JetPens Blog)
- How to Break a Bad Habit with a Notebook (via Original Content Books)
- Odyssey A5(ish) exercise book (via Nero’s Notes)
Art & Creativity:
- Doodlewash Outdoors: Starting Plein Air Sketching (via Doodlewash)
- My new fad: An extended point brush (via Liz Steel)
- A Previously Unseen Collection of ‘How to Draw’ Books Picasso Made for His Daughter Are On View in Paris (via Colossal)
Other Interesting Things:
- Riverside Art Museum Opens a Center for Chicano Art (via My Modern Met)
- Pixar takes a stand on LGBTQIA+ representation amidst global bans of Lightyear film (via It’s Nice That)
- Review Madness and An Ink Vial Hack (via KraftyCats)
- my first show: the dutch pen show (via A Fleeting Ripple)
- Packing for a Pen Show – AKA I need to check a bag (via The Pen Addict)
- Where have all the bloggers gone…… far far away?! (via Philofaxy)
- Mid-Year Review: Top Five 2022 Acquisitions (via The Gentleman Stationer)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors, affiliates or join our Patreon. Your patronage supports this site. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
8 comments / Add your comment below
See you there! I promise to buy something from your table (again!)
BTW, I’m still using the halloween-looking bookmark that you brought last time. Good stuff.
I wish I were in St. Louis too!
Pixar takes a stand on LGBTQIA+ representation amidst global bans of Lightyear film (via It’s Nice That)
This returns a 404 error. ☹
Try this instead: https://www.itsnicethat.com/news/pixar-lightyear-bans-film-creative-industry-150622
Thanks for stepping in!
I replaced the link. Hopefully that fixed it or you were able to find the article already.
Have a wonderful time, Ana, and stay safe! I hope it’s not too stressful for you. (I’m not ready for any large indoor events yet, so I don’t blame you for feeling skittish.)