While I am excited about the release of the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide episode of the Pen Addict Podcast, there has also been other events this week worth noting.
Laura recorded the 400th episode of her YouTube vlog, The Corner of Knit & Tea. That’s a lot of knitting. And tea!
Pantone, though they are near the bottom of my shit list for the shenanigans they pulled this year removing support within the Adobe apps, is on the cusp of announcing their “color of the year”. Should I care? No. Will I discuss and consider at great length? Yes. Stupid, Pantone. Pretty, PITA, Pantone.
Pencils are “in the news” this week — at least in our world. Yeah!
Birmingham Pen company got featured in an article in the NYTimes!
Pelikan raised their prices and Rachel’s Reflections gives advice to slow spending. Both of these make me reconsider what I buy and how much I need. It’s timely to consider our spedndgin particularly at the beginning of the biggest shopping season of the year. Maybe I should use what I already have to document and appreciate the people and animals in my life?
And Modern Daily Knitting recommends the Never Gonna Give You Up episode of the podcast Song Exploder. And since I now got the song stuck in your head, you might as well go listen to the episode.
- Mini Review: Pentel Fude-Hajime Brush Pen (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- LAMY Pens and Pencils: A Comprehensive Guide (via JetPens Blog)
- Rapidograph designs (via Bleistift)
- Danitrio Maki-e Ancient Dragon Unboxing and Review (via Penultimate Dave)
- Pelikan Raises Prices, Launches A New Website, And Puts The Wish Nib On Hiatus (The Pelikan’s Perch)
- Chinese Naginata (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- Franklin-Christoph Model 20 and Pocket 20: Wonder Pens Exclusive Rides (via Wonder Pens Blog)
- Ink Review #733: Tono & Lims Into U (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Ink Review #1958: Robert Oster Hickory Aflame (via Mountain of Ink)
- Shokido Venezia on Midori MD (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Ink Review #1959: IWI Autumnal Equinox (via Mountain of Ink)
- Mitsubishi 9850 HB Pencil Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Whimsy! Caran d’Ache Colour Treasure Maxi Graphite Pencils (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Mini-Collections: Fancy Pencils are a (Relatively) Inexpensive Guilty Pleasure (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Whimsical Wood Chandeliers Look Like Giant Pencil Shavings (via My Modern Met)
Notebooks & Paper:
- I store my tasks digitally but work on paper (via Stationery )
- WMS & Co Keyboard Planner Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Journals For An Inkophile (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
- Filofax New Releases (via Philofaxy)
Art & Creativity:
- David Bowie on Creativity and His Advice to Artists (via The Marginalian)
- Can you believe it’s episode 400? (via The Corner of Knit & Tea)
- Video flip-through my Sketchbook #145 (via Apple-Pine)
- Pantone Color Of The Year 2023: Announcing Soon (via The Designest)
- Tracey English on rediscovering her creativity, making collages, and the benefits of artistic challenges (via Creative Boom)
Other Interesting Things:
- Two Brothers Write Their Future With Fountain Pens (via The New York Times)
- Knit to This: Never Gonna Give You Up (via Modern Daily Knitting)
- Slowing the Shopping (via Rachel’s Reflections)
- Happy Holidays 2022: The Indie Gift Guide (via The Gentleman Stationer)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors, affiliates or join our Patreon. Your patronage supports this site. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!