While I didn’t pick up many new items while I was in LA at the California Pen Show, I did pick up a nasty head cold. Luckily, it was not COVID but it didn’t mean the pesky bug didn’t linger. I have been slowly coming back from the illness (are bugs getting stronger or am I getting weaker?) and managed to pass it along to Bob who is now fighting it off as well. I don’t thin the pen show can be entirely blamed for the cold. When I returned home, I discovered that several co-workers were out sick with various versions of the season funk too so clearly something is going around.
That said, my energy levels have been extraordinarily low and just handling day-to-day tasks has been a challenge. I am starting to feel better this week but yesterday was my full day back in the office and that was a huge physical undertaking after days in my jammies and only needing to get myself from the couch to the kitchen.
I did take time yesterday to back date a week of entries in my journal/planner and it all fit on one page. I think this is why I so appreciate the bullet journal/open log book method of time keeping. Some weeks, I need to pre-write the whole week on multiple pages to keep track of all the minutiae and then there are weeks, like last week, that I can summarize with “sick, in bed for days”.
How do you handle your planner or journal when things go off the rails?
- Workhorse Pens: Low-Viscosity Ballpoint Pens (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Kaweco 2022 Limited Edition Sports (via dapprman)
- Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pens Explained! (via Yoseka Stationery)
- Inky Ramblings and Nib Swapping (via Dime Novel Raven)
- CON-70N (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- PenBBS Season 24 (via Mountain of Ink)
- Ink Review #2047: Private Reserve Shell Pink (via Mountain of Ink)
- #1048 IWI 清明 (via HAPPY INK DAYS archives)
- Sheen Monster Inks Comparison #4 (via Penultimate Dave)
- Ink of the Week – Iroshizuku Yama-budo (via Fountain Pen Love)
- Wearingul Cheshire Cat Fountain Pen Ink Review (via The Pen Addict)
- roma aeterna: montblanc homage to hadrian rosso antico (via A fleeting Ripple)
- Ink Review #756: Kyo No Oto #03 Koke-Iro (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- The “collection” test tube Blackwing Volume Pencils (via Stationery Pizza)
- Review of the Blackwing Volumes Subscription (via Stationery Pizza)
Notebooks & Paper:
- One planner or more than one planner/organiser? (via Philofaxy)
- Ghosts of Planners Past: Filofax (via Writing at Large)
- Buying and Selling Organisers (via Philofaxy)
- How I use my Hobonichi (via Stationery Pizza)
- Abandon normal instruments (via Nero’s Notes)
- Traveler’s Company Traveler’s Notebook Unboxing and Setup (via The Pen Addict)
- Personal Obsessions: My Quest for the Perfect Blue Writing Paper (via The Gentleman Stationer)
Art & Creativity:
- How to build your own watercolour palette: Colour selection tips (via Parka Blogs)
- Why I don’t use much Buff Titanium – and my favourite ‘building’ mixes (via Liz Steel)
- These Handmade Crayons Celebrate the Beauty of All Skin Tones (via My Modern Met)
- Vintage Eberhard Faber Aquarello Oval Water Color Pencils (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Practical steps creatives can take when freelance work goes quiet (via Creative Boom)
Other Interesting Things:
- Portland Stamp Company (via Wonder Pens)
- Ruthless: Monopoly’s Secret History (via Kottke.org)
- Jeni’s Announces Collabs With ‘Ted Lasso’ For ‘Biscuits With The Boss’ (via Dieline)
- PepsiCo Unveils New Visual Identity For 7UP (via Dieline)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors, affiliates or join our Patreon. Your patronage supports this site. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!