If you’ve been a pen collector long enough, eventually you lose or misplace a pen. Part of owning fountain pens is that we make a much more concerted effort to keep track of my writing tools. However, sometimes, one goes astray. When you are really unlucky, you discover that you’ve misplaced TWO in the course of two weeks. That’s what happened to me. In my case, neither pen was inexpensive. One was a limited edition color of a readily available pen design and the other was a bog standard fountain pen with a VERY SPECIAL nib. Sigh.
I have been panicked, sad, angry, annoyed and an array of other emotions since discovering that my pens were gone. But as the days have passed and they have not returned, my hope is that wherever they went, someone is truly appreciating their beauty and functionality.
Maybe, if my luck reverses, they will return to me. Can you all say a little prayer to the pen gods for me? I miss my pens.
- Carolina Pen Co. Charleston Slim Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Ink Review #782: Dominant Industry: Dominant Blue No. 104 (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Van Dieman’s Feline Part 3 (via Mountain of Ink)
- Color Traveler Saijo Sakagura Black (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Dominant Industry Royal Azalea on Kokuyo Perpanep Tsuru Tsuru (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Jacques Herbin 1670 Anniversary and 1798 Special Collection Inks (via JetPens Blog)
- Krishna Autumn Orange Ink Review (via Pen Chalet)
- Vintage Sanford Prismacolors (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
Notebooks, Paper & Planners:
- A cut too far: The people who can’t give up paper – BBC Future (via The Cramped)
- Printing Inserts (via Philofaxy)
- Yamamoto Paper’s Fountain Pen Friendly Paper Collection, Volume 7 Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Planner rant (via Stationery Pizza)
Art & Creativity:
- An Artist Recreated Monsters Into Their Cute Alternative Versions (via Design You Trust)
- Welcome To the Great Un-Cursiving of Logos (via Dieline)
Other Interesting Things:
- The London Autumn Pen Show, 2023: my haul. (via Fountain pen blog)
- October London Pen Show Selling Experience (via dapprman)
- Don’t Be Precious, Use It (via Dime Novel Raven)
- Back from Vacation! Recapping The Year In Pen Show Travel, Upcoming Shows, Etc. (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- This 2024 Calendar Stars a Bunch of Adorable Pissed-Off Cats (via My Modern Met)
- Marilyn Monroe’s LA Home Saved From Demolition, For Now (via Hyperallergic)
- Introducing TPK’s Spooktacular Halloween Mail Art Templates (via The Postman’s Knock)
- The Best Backpacks For Back-to-School In 2023 (via Carryology)
Thanks for wasting another perfectly good half hour reading Link Love. We so appreciate you! If you can, please support our sponsors or join our Patreon. Your patronage supports this site and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!