The August edition of Goulet Pens Ink Drop is full of bright bright colors. However, my rusty old dip nib polluted the results. The swabs show the brilliance much better.
I’ve meant to redo the colors, with a less rusty nib, just to see if they turn out brighter.
The colors offered this month are:
- Daimine Scarlet, a magenta-tinged red
- Rohrer & Klingner Fernambuk, a bright tomato red
- Noodler’s Dragon’s Napalm, an orange leaning towards red-orange
- Diamine Orange, a bright orange
- DeAtramentis Gold Yellow, a bright yellow but not a highlighter yellow
In use, the Diamine Scarlet looks more like a bright true red while the R&K Fernambuk looks more like an orange-y red. And as always, De Atramentis is a bit wet and runny in a dip pen but should preform exemplarily in a fountain pen. With these lighter, brighter colors, you’ll get more visible results with a wider nib pen.
0 comments / Add your comment below
I kinda like the ‘polluted’ tints…