This is Part Six of 6-part series about getting started using ring-bound planners. If you would like to read the series from the beginning, check out Part One: Why?, Part Two: Paper Sizes, Part Three: Binders, Part Four: Inserts and Part Five: Accessories.
Just like the pen, ink and pencil community, there is an extensive network of blogger, video bloggers and independent shops that specialize in all things planner-related. I wanted to include a short list of the sites I found most helpful in my research and that I’ll regularly be referring back to.
YouTube is a huge resource for unboxing videos and tours inside filled planners. Some show how people are using their planners, comparing various planners; and reviews of specific binders, brand or sizes. Just try searching for the brand, size or name of a given planner to find dozens of review videos. Some will be useful to you and some will not but it is a great way to see these products in use.
- Kikki K
- Van Der Spek
- Smythson of Bond Street
- Gillio Firenze
I’m sure I overlooked a couple binder manufacturers so please let me know if your favorite is not listed here. I know a lot of people like the Kate Spade planners but the binders are not currently listed on her site; only bound planners and refills for 2015.
Other resources, blogs and info:
- Filofax 101 (via Black Forest Designs): The Black Forest Etsy shop has some really unique insert pages and other goodies too
- Choosing a Day Planner (via Freshly Noted)
- Planning Made Easy (via Planner Bug)
- Ms. Wenduhh: blog with reviews of planners
- My Purpley Life: very active planner blog
- My Life All In One Place: Offers an array for tutorials and free printables
- Philofaxy: A collection of printable inserts, interviews, tips and Q&As
- Planner- Stay Focused Blog Hop (via Waffleflower) : Great visual guide to type of planners
- Paper Bistro: stocks fountain pen-friendly Quo Vadis/Exacompta planner refills
- Dodo Pad: a company that creates its own system of organizational tools including refills compatible with Filofax-sizing binders.
Printables on Etsy:
There are so many more options for printable pages, just start searching on Etsy or the web for “printable planner” and then add your preferred planner size like “personal”.
There was way more to choosing a planner than I ever imagined. I hope my research has helped you to see the possibilities of using a ring-bound planner for organizing your best year ever.
To read the rest of the series: