- Regal 117 Alice Rollerball Pen and Fountain Pen Nib in White $20 (via JetPens)
- Field Notes Colors Editions Black Ice 3-Pack $12.95 (via Field Notes Brand)
- Kokuyo Kadokeshi Eraser $2 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- Robert Oster Signature Blue Sea Ink (50ml Bottle) $16 (via Anderson Pens)
- Parker Jotter in Waterloo Blue $20 (via Anderson Pens)
- Leuchtturm1917 Copper Gilt Edge Notebook – A5 – Azure – Plain $27.95 (via JetPens)
- Diamine Shimmertastic Firestorm Red Ink (50ml Bottle) $20 (via Anderson Pens)
- Kaweco ART Sport Fountain Pen in Rosit $81 (via Pen Chalet)
- The Social Life of Ink: Culture Wonder And Our Relationship With The Written Word $23.93 (via Amazon)
- North Pole Santa Stationery & Card Kit $18 (via Skylab Letterpress on Etsy)
- The History and Uncertain Future of Handwriting $17.19 (via Amazon)
- Stationery Fever: From Paper Clips to Pencils and Everything In Between $39.95 (via Amazon)
- Penco Prime Timber Pencil with 2mm lead $11 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- TWSBI 580AL in PInk $60 (via Anderson Pens)
And finally, I thought I’d share a little holiday cheer in the form of a holiday playlist. I hope you like it!
If you want more rockabilly holiday fun, here is a full BSO playlist. No holiday season is complete without OD-ing on Brian Setzer Orchestra holiday tunes for me. We often get to see the band on tour and one year we were lucky enough to see both the Brian Setzer Orchestra AND Big Bad Voodoo Daddy perform their holiday shows. Enjoy, and happy holidays!
4 comments / Add your comment below
A good list. It is amazing how bottles of ink have gotten smaller and you must remember 60ml = 2 ounces. Oh well.
The Shimmer inks do have metallic flecks which make them a little pricier and the Robert Oster inks are small batch inks imported from Australia but yes, overall, ink prices do seem to be about $16-$20 for a 50ml bottle these days unless you want plain blue or black. Alternately, I think a lot of the small ink companies are doing really interesting things with color, shading and sheening. I think inks are like coffee now. Sure you can buy Maxwell House or Folger’s for a lot less but its just not as fun or interesting as some of those small batch, indie-made coffees. You know what I mean?
Oh, thank you, Ana!
There were a few unplanned book purchases after reading this post. 🙂
I always look forward to your posts, and appreciate all of the time, effort and energy you must put into them!
All the best to you,