For a long stretch I swore I wouldn’t buy anymore washi tape because I had more than enough to stretch around the globe and then some. Then this week happened. And I fell of the washi wagon hard. Maybe its because I have been purchasing new planner or maybe its because there are so many great options available. Either way, my washi stash has multiplied rapidly.
I purchased washi from three of my favorite sources: CuteTape, JetPens and Wonder Fair. JetPens recently got in a whole line from Chamilgarden and I have purchased a good deal of the collection. The print quality is excellent and the designs are beautiful.
MT, the originator of washi tape, continues to innovate and expand going both modern and historical. This year they are working with contemporary artists as well as historical designs. There is a William Morris collection available in Europe (and on Etsy) as well as lots of geometric designs, colors and contemporary artists and designers.
And CuteTape offers MT plus many other brands like Masté. Needless to say, I built a tower of tape twelve inches high.
Thankfully, I still have a copy of Washi Tape: 101+ Ideas for Paper Crafts, Book Arts, Fashion, Decorating, Entertaining, and Party Fun! by Courtney Cerruti so I have lots of fun ideas to use it all up.
- Round Top Little Path x Chamilgarden Washi Tape – Fennel – 15 mm x 10m $6 (via JetPens)
- Round Top Little Path x Chamilgarden Washi Tape – New Leaf – 15 mm x 10m $6 (via JetPens)
- Round Top Little Path x Chamilgarden Washi Tape – Water Colour – 15mm x 10m $6 (via JetPens)
- Round Top Little Path x Chamilgarden Washi Tape – Bookshop – 20 mm x 10m $6.25 (via JetPens)
- Mini Scrapbooking Deco MASTÉ Japanese Washi Tape in Airmail $2.90 (via CuteTape)
- Mini Scrapbooking Deco MASTÉ Japanese Washi Tape in Deco Postage $3.50 (via Cute Tape)
- Cross Square MT Masking Tape 15mmx10mm Cross Blue Single $3.50 (via CuteTape)
- MT Slash Red 15mm x 10m (via Wonder Fair)
- MT x Nordic Washi Tape Almedahls Mushroom Forest $4 (via CuteTape)
- Tulip Washi Tape – Teal, Blue, Pink Stripe Set of 3 rolls $12 (via CuteTape)
- MT Ex Hana Hane BLUE Abstract Butterfly Mina Perhonen Washi Tape $8 (via CuteTape)
- Line Gradation Silver washi tape 15mm x 10m (via Wonder Fair)
- Colorful Textile Pattern 15mm Washi Tape in pink $3.50 (via CuteTape)
- MT for Kids Peta Peta Washi Tape 15mm x 7m (via Wonder Fair)
- MT x Lisa Larson Nordic Retro Birds 15mm x 10 m (via Wonder Fair)
- MT Washi Tape MT Slim Deco A Japanese Masking Tape 6mm x 10m per roll, set of 3 (via Wonder Fair)
Do you fall prey to the lure of rolls of washi tape? Like so much of stationery, washi tape are little bits of packaged joy. Each one is wrapped like candy in cellophane that fits in the palm of your hand like a little gift. If you’ve never treated yourself to a roll, pick one up that sparks your interest. It can be functional or decorative.