First, this week, we are shamelessly plugging Jesi’s sister and her nieces Kickstarter project. Because we all need a chance to scare away bad dreams and make our dreams of entrepreneurship a reality. Nobody tell Emma and her little sister what a drag order fulfillment and logistics can be, okay? Of course, she’s going to be the only kid in school who can actually use logistics in a sentence.
- Zero the Dream Hero Doll and Book (via Kickstarter)
And then there’s this:
- google launches tools for digital wellbeing including a ‘paper phone’ (via Design Boom)
- Paper paper everywhere (via Bleistift)
While I appreciate that even Google recognizes that we all spend too much time checking our phones for input and scrolling endlessly through updates on Instagram, Reddit, Facebook or Twitter… a paper phone? Isn’t that just a notebook? C’mon!
- Sailor Lecoule Steel Nib Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens)
- Video-Review: Graf von Faber-Castell Guilloche (via Scrively
- The Best Pastel Highlighters (via JetPens)
- 10 More Things You Need to Know About Fountain Pens (via Rediscover Analog)
- The Grovemade Pen & Pen Stand (via Tools and Toys)
- Toucan Aqua Ink Review (via Gourmet Pens)
- Vinta Inks – Range Swatch Test (via FOUNTAIN PEN INK ART)
- In Praise of Whisky (via Crónicas Estilográficas)
- Ink Review: Pennonia Vizlang (Vízláng) (via Macchiato Man)
- Review #886: KWZ V-Dream (via Mountain of Ink)
- Ink Review #879: Robert Oster Vitstyle Red Bear (via Mountain of Ink)
- I wish there was a pencil show (via pencil talk)
- Khan you dig it? (via Polar Pencil Pusher)
Notebooks & Paper:
- The Notebook (via From the Pen Cup)
- Leuchtturm 1917 Master A4+ Notebook. (via Pencil Revolution)
- Midori MD Cotton Notebook Review (via Fountain Pen Love)
- A Good Company Notebook Review (via Notebook Stories)
- 2020 Nolty Diaries In Stock at Kinokuniya NYC (via Notebook Stories)
- Why You Need to Read Ryder Carroll’s The Bullet Journal Method (via Rediscover Analog)
- Muriel Spark’s Notebooks (via Notebook Stories)
Art & Creativity:
- Art on fruit stickers (via Flow Magazine)
- Making a Life: Happy Publication Day! (via Mason-Dixon Knitting)
- This Artist Turns Picasso’s Portraits Into Fantastic 3D Sculptures (via Design You Trust)
- More on Betye Saar’s Sketchbooks (via Notebook Stories)
- The Mini Palette v2 (2019) from Peggy Wong (via Parka Blogs)
- Vintage Colored Pencils: Design Watercolor (Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Learn How the Rainbow Was Reshuffled in Color Wheel History (via My Modern Met)
Other Interesting Things:
- USPS 2020 Stamp Preview (via Letter Writers Alliance)
- Time, space, and materials (via Austin Kleon)
- Stop reading that book (via Flow Magazine)
- Hellvetica typeface terrifies graphic designers with blood-curdling kerning (via It’s Nice That)
4 comments / Add your comment below
If you want a paper phone, why not just pick up a Hipster PDA (http://www.43folders.com/2004/09/03/introducing-the-hipster-pda)?
I was also reminded of the Hipster PDA!
This looks like a printout or report, not a standard notebook.
Yes! Totally reminds me of the legendary HipsterPDA!
Thank you so much for promoting our Kickstarter! We’re making sure the girls know exactly how painful order fulfillment and logistics can be. No way we’re doing all the work! Anyways, we need them to support us when we’re old. Thanks for helping Emma do her part 😉