Now that Halloween is over we can get down to celebrating the important holidays, namely Fountain Pen Day!
Fountain Pen Day was started in 2012 by Cary (we call him Mr. Fountain Pen Day) and is a celebration taking place on the first Friday in November each year to embrace, promote, and share the use of fountain pens. Basically, if you love fountain pens, Fountain Pen Day is the day to show it!
This year, Fountain Pen Day takes place this Friday, November 6th. There are a number of ways you can celebrate fountain pen day.
- USE your pens and inks (and papers, and other stationery tools)!
- SHARE your love of pens with your friends. Since we can’t safely recommend getting together in person to celebrate, try hanging out virtually, or share your thoughts and photos of your favorite pens on Instagram with the hashtag #fountainpenday2020 (or look at past years with the hashtag #fountainpenday).
- SUPPORT your favorite vendors! This year has been hard for them, and with pen shows still in limbo due to coronavirus, they’d love your business. Stock up on holiday gifts for your loved ones, or treat yourself to something special. And the Fountain Pen Day website has a WHOLE PAGE FULL of participating stores who may even have discounts codes or special offers!
- USE the code FPD2020 for free shipping on orders over $25 on Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7 in the Well-Appointed Desk shop. We’ve never offered free shipping before so don’t miss it! (Fountain Pen Day swag will be added to every order while supplies last. Offer valid in the Big Cartel shop only.)
- ENTER the Giveaway below! We’ll draw a winner on Friday, November 6th to celebrate!
Mr. Fountain Pen Day sent us a variety of goodies to celebrate the day, and we’ve added some items from The Well-Appointed Desk shop to create a fun package for Fountain Pen Day. You’re entering to win:
- Stickers (not all pictured)
- Fountain Pen Day Swag (buttons and bookmark)
- Washi Tape
- Esterbrook stickers and stamp
- A Col-o-ring “Oversize” and Dipper
- A Ranger Archival Ink Pad in Sepia
- A Legacy Nib Stamp
TO ENTER: Leave a comment below and tell us how you’re celebrating Fountain Pen Day. Play along and type in something. It makes reading through entries more interesting for me, okay? One entry per person. If you have never entered a giveaway or commented on the site before, your comment must be manually approved by our highly-trained staff of monkeys before it will appear on the site. Our monkeys are underpaid and under-caffeinated so don’t stress if your comment does not appear right away. Give the monkeys some time.
FINE PRINT: All entries must be submitted by midnight CST on Thursday, November 5, 2020. All entries must be submitted at wellappointeddesk.com, not Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook, okay? Winner will be announced on Friday. Winner will be selected by random number generator from entries that played by the rules (see above). Please include your actual email address in the comment form so that I can contact you if you win. I will not save email addresses or sell them to anyone — pinky swear. If winner does not respond within 7 days, I will draw a new giveaway winner. Shipping via USPS first class is covered. Additional shipping options or insurance will have to be paid by the winner. We are generous but we’re not made of money. US and APO/AFO only, sorry.
DISCLAIMER: The items included in this review were provided free of charge for the purposes of this giveaway. Please see the About page for more details.