This week brings us FAKE cat photos (Really? Do we need fake cat photos? If the world is seriously lacking in cat photos, I can certainly start posting more photos of the Cats That Run The Desk but honestly I thought we’d reached cat-capacity on the internet… but no. Now we have FAKE CAT NEWS! What is the world coming to?), lots of BENU pens, Van Diemans inks and news from the London Pen Show. Ooh, yeah, and the Tokyo Olympics. That’s happening too. I watched badminton, table tennis and surfing last night. Are you watching the Olympics?
- Pen Review: Esterbrook Estie ‘Gold Rush’ (Prospector Black) with Scribe nib (via Macchiato Man)
- Energel’s New Clothes: The Kuro (via Inkdependence!)
- Review: BENU Scepter Fountain Pens (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
- Fountain Pen Nib Options For Beginners – How To Choose Your New Nib (via Fountain Pen Love)
- Van Dieman’s Underwater Collection Part 4 (via Mountain of Ink)
- Van Dieman’s Midnight Series Bonfire Night Ink Review (via The Pen Addict)
- 3 Oysters Doldam (via Mountain of Ink)
- Diamine Aurora Borealis on Tomoe River (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Diamine Hong Kong Exclusives – Kong Girls and Kong Guys (via FOUNTAIN PEN INK ART)
- Mini-Collections, Part III: All the Green Inks (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Mini Collections, Part II: All the Red Inks (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Faber-Castell Grip 2011 (via Bleistift)
- Review: Lamy Plus Colored Pencils (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
Notebooks & Paper:
- Why I have a separate journaling desk (via Rediscover Analog)
- Paper Sizes Explained (via JetPens Blog)
- Review of the Scribe Journal by Best Self Co (Including Pen Test) (via All About Planners)
- My Latest Work Notebooks Mnemosyne and Printfresh (via Notebook Stories)
Art & Creativity:
- Review: A. Gallo handmade watercolour (via Parka Blogs)
- Owen’s Disappearance (via Abigail Halpin)
- Vintage Cross-Stitch Motifs Conceal Common Household Objects in Sculptures by Ulla-Stina Wikander (via Colossal)
- Gansai Tambi Watercolor by Kuretake Review (via Doodlewash)
- Review: Winsor & Newton Synthetic Sable Watercolour Brush (via Parka Blogs)
- 4 Conditions to Create Abundant Growth in Watercolor (via Doodlewash)
Other Interesting Things:
- A homemade pen case for less than $10 (via mnmlscholar)
- The Late Late London Spring Pen Show (via dapprman)
- Pen shows are back, and better than ever (via UK fountain pens)
- Video-Review: Makers Cabinet Stria (via Scrively)
- The Tokyo Olympics and Typewriters Galore: Things That Won’t Be Seen at the 2021 Games (via oz.Typewriter)
- The History and Meaning of Maneki-Neko: The Japanese Lucky Cat (via My Modern Met)
- The Hope Diamond: All About the Blue Diamond Some Say Is Cursed (via My Modern Met)
- Iceland Tests Out a Four Day Work Week and Meets Huge Success (via My Modern Met)
- You Can’t Do Everything (and Why That’s Not a Bad Thing) — My Giant Strawberry
- Take a Swing Around ‘Par Excellence Redux,’ a Mini Golf Course of Playable Artworks at Elmhurst Art Museum (via Colossal)
- Almanacs and cyclical time – Austin Kleon
- A Collection of Stamps Celebrates 10 Years of Sun Observation (via My Modern Met)
- This Is Not a Cat (via Hyperallergic)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors and affiliates. Your patronage will let them know you appreciate their support of the pen community. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
3 comments / Add your comment below
This is off topic, but I wanted to share this. I used the link to Karas Kustoms through The Well Appointed Desk.
I was looking to get a 1.1mm stub nib for my Apollo 11 Starliner. NASA will be doing an unmanned test of the Boeing Starliner craft to the International Space Station. I thought the one thing that would make me happier with my Starliner would be my favorite nib.
I saw The Bottom Shelf in the drop down menu, so checked it out. I added a blue-brown Bolt V2 to the order. The Well Appointed Desk code saved $7.50. I used to want a brown Bolt, but the color disappeared.
So The Well Appointed Desk saved me $7.50, and clicking to Karas Kustoms through The Desk helped The Desk somehow. A win for us both!
The two tone Bolt is $50 vs $75 for single color Bolt pens. And the coupon code from The Desk worked on the special priced Bolt.
So glad the link saved you money!
Thank you Ana. I hope you are doing well. Virtual Pen Club just isn’t the same. Plus, lots of members do not participate.