I was a real pr*ck this year when I picked my Inkmas inks. Ferris Wheel Press LadyRose in Gold ($20 for 38ml bottle) is the second ink I chose that is/was a limited edition ink. I didn’t do this to torture you, I promise. I just wanted to share some of my favorite inks with you.
Lady Rose in Gold is one of those not-quite-brown, not-quite-pink inks PLUS it has wonderful gold shimmer in it that makes it truly unique.
The rosy color is definitely that of old rose petals and the gold shimmers like the rim of a fancy tea cup. This ink totally remind me of a set of vintage floral tea cups.
When writing with a finer nib, I see less of the shimmer but all of the faded rose color of old wallpaper. This ink is all Miss Havisham vibes — at least to me.
On Tomoe River 68gsm paper, the ink does tend to look a little lighter but it still has that feeling of a well-loved heirloom, a faded, ditzy print quilt or the sun faded cover of an old book.
Trying to find a pinkish ink with shimmer in my ink collection was more challenging than I expected. I realize with almost 1000 inks in my collection that’s hard to believe but its true! I even hunted for non-shimmer pinks and I had nothing like it at all. I suspect that part of the appeal of Lady Rose in Gold is that it is so unlike anything else in my ink collection.
I guess, my advice regarding inks like Ferris Wheel PressLady Rose in Gold, is not necessarily to give in to FOMO but, if you see something that truly speaks to you, invest in it. Yes, I’ve bought lots of inks just because it was the “in thing” to get at a pen show but sometimes, something crosses my path that just feels right. When that happens to you, my advice is to buy it, before its gone.
- Paper: Rhodia Uni-Blank No. 16 with 6mm guide sheet and Elia Notebook with 68gsm Tomoe River paper (RM145.00 MYR)
- Pens: Midori bullet pencil modified dip nib holder with Zebra G titanium nib ($33.50 per 10-pack), Acrylic dip nib pen (Approx. $15), Pensive Pens Serendipity hybrid dip pen ($79 AUD)
- Swatches: Col-o-Ring Ink Testing Book ($10) & Col-o-dex Rotary Cards ($15)
- Brush: Scharff 3000 Fineline Round #3 ($34.50 — my favorite paintbrush)
- Ink: Ferris Wheel Press Lady Rose in Gold ($20 for 38ml bottle – no longer available)