For a few days after a pen show, I am physically and mentally exhausted. I tend to lose my voice for a day or so as well so I sound terrible. (Not COVID, I checked).
To add to my need to slow down and decompress a little, my beloved 2009 MINI Cooper had some engine troubles on the way home from St. Louis so he’s currently recuperating with the fine folks at Baron MINI to get everything tuned up.
We were joking this morning that the profits from the pen show will go straight to car repairs so there’s a silver lining there.
One of our kittens, Carrot, went to his forever home on Monday. He will be loved by two delightful young people as well as their parents. He will even have a dog to boss around which we’ve heard is not going in Carrot’s favor — the dog just ignores his hisses. The dog’s name is Potato so I think Carrot went to the right home.
As we roll into the US holiday weekend, I hope you all have a lovely long weekend and remember to pack extra sunscreen and plenty of cold beverages.
- Early thoughts on the Parker Vector XL fountain pen. (via Fountain pen blog)
- Pen Review: Kakimori Brass Dip Nib (via The Gentleman Stationer)
- Benu Grand Scepter XIII Unboxing and Review (via Penultimate Dave)
- Pilot Kakuno Transparent Green Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict)
- Walk quietly, carry moody blue pens (via mnmlscholar)
- What’s the Big Idea with BIGiDESIGN? (via Cult Pens)
- Staedtler Triplus x IKEA MICKE (via Bleistift)
- Staedtler Pigment Liner Review (via Writing at Large)
- ScriBo Blu Cosmico (via dapprman)
- Wearingeul Edward Hyde (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
- Diamine new Flowers box set (via Too many pens)
- Fountain Pen Ink In An Unexpected Place (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
- Scribo Arancio di Sicilia (via Mountain of Ink)
- Birmingham Pen Co. Eroded Bronze (via Macchiato Man)
- Oblation Portland Rain (via Mountain of Ink)
- Birmingham Salt Water Taffy on Rhodia (via Inkcredible Colours)
- Fun with Water Resistant Inks (via Pen Boutique Ltd)
- Sheaffer Coastal Blue (via Inkdependence!)
- Anderillium Michigan Avenue (2022 Chicago Pen Show Limited Edition) (via The Gentleman Stationer)
Notebooks & Paper:
- The mad happiness: Gallimard collection papeterie notebook (via A Fleeting Ripple)
- How to Make a Beautiful Handwritten Note (via The Postman’s Knock)
- The Best Eco-Friendly Notebooks and Stationery (via JetPens)
- Odysseus Wrecks (via Nero’s Notes)
- Traveler’s Notebooks – Why TRAVELER’S COMPANY Might Be Best for You (via Cult Pens)
- Improve Your Writing With A Handwriting Journal (via An Inkophile’s Blog)
- Which discs are compatible with Plum Paper’s disc punched planners? (via All About Planners)
- Chronodex Weekly Planner Jul – Dec 2022 Released (via Scription)
Art & Creativity:
- Additional brands of Potter’s Pink (via Liz Steel)
- Folio Palette by Art Toolkit (via Jane Blundell Artist)
- “You don’t need your eyes to see” (via Abigail Halpin)
- Interview: A Conversation with The Tempestry Project Delves Into the Importance of Knitting Tangible Records of Climate Data (via Colossal)
- Sketchbook Tours: Spiral vs Bound, Horizontal vs Vertical [Video] (via Liz Steel)
Other Interesting Things:
- Disney Fan is Selling Their Mansion With Star Wars Home Movie Theater (via My Modern Met)
- One Woman Tried to Return a Bag of Food to Chewy After Her Dog Died. The Company’s Reaction is Incredibly Kind. (via My Modern Met)
- Renting Reform Bill Will Make it Easier for UK Pet Owners to Find Housing (via My Modern Met)
- Radiant Installations and Projections Illuminate Sydney’s Architecture for an Annual
Light Festival (via Colossal)
- Soft Landing: Rickshaw Valet (via Fueled by Clouds & Coffee)
- Canada Joins List of Nations Banning Single-Use Plastics (via My Modern Met)
- Museum Unleashes Dinosaurs to Celebrate New Exhibition (via My Modern Met)
- Cheech Marin’s Long-Awaited Museum for Chicano Art Opens in California (via Hyperallergic)
- San Francisco Art Book Fair Returns After a Two-Year Break (via Hyperallergic)
- A Spotlight on Navajo Filmmaker Blackhorse Lowe (via Hyperallergic)
- Adult LEGO Collectors Cry Foul Over New Plastic-Free Packaging (via Dieline)
- Artists Reimagined Cats As The Zodiac Signs (via Design You Trust)
- “So this is how liberty dies – with thunderous applause.” (via Fountain Pen Pharmacist)
We need each other. Please support our sponsors, affiliates or join our Patreon. Your patronage supports this site. Without them, and without you, we could not continue to do what we do. Thank you!
2 comments / Add your comment below
I love Carrot! Such a cutie! (I just had to tell you that.)
Thanks so much! He is such a cutie and Carrot loved Ollie. Ollie was a little skeptical.