Initially, I was going to do today’s Fashionable Friday around the West Elm Parsons Desk in the mirror finish but they are not making it anymore. West Elm still sells a mirror console table but its a bit shallow to be used as a desk. Instead, I found this elegant mirror-finish desk at Horchow. Its a bit more expensive than the Parson desk but its gorgeous so fate worked for me.
If you already have a desk, try accessorizing with tools that reflect light in silver, chrome, steel or brushed metallics.
Alternately, if you choose to decorate your office with a mirrored desk, then choose a lot of accessories that have different textures and materials to keep your space from feeling too cold or institutional. A plant or vase of flowers on the desk will add color and will pick up your spirits. And a soft, cozy, faux sheepskin rug under the desk or draped over your chair will add warmth.
Lexington Office Mirrored Desk $899 (via Horchow)
- Ziggy Stardust Silver Metallic Leather Journal $36 (via Jenni Bick)
- Kaweco AL-Sport Fountain Pen, stainless steel, sale price $60 (via Pen Chalet)
- Caran D’ache Chromatics INKredible Colors Ink Infinite Grey $38.50 (via Jet Pens)
- Monteverde Poquito Fountain Pen $27 (via Pen Chalet)
- Terrarium with air plants (via Flickr)
- KUM 1-hole long point hand sharpener $1.95 (via Pencils.com)
- Faber-Castell Grip Sparkle Pencils Metallic Silver Box of 12 for $18 (via Pen Boutique)
- Delta Steel Mini Plier Stapler $6.99 (via Amazon)
- TEJN Faux sheepskin rug $9.99 (via Ikea)
(Home decor inspiration images from Horchow, Lonny Magazine and Better Homes and Gardens were found on Pinterest.)